3rd Kit Release Date - Confirmed

I'm confused where they've actually got the colour from, I assume its the main stripe colour on the shirt, and not some minor trim I'm not seeing?

The fact they call the shirt 'green' doesn't help - I've never seen anyone call the 99 shirt green in any way before.

A lazy effort all round from where I see it, and perhaps fitting for a shirt that will be worn probably 4 times.

It's not the main stripe colour. If you look very, very closely at the playoff final kit, the stripes are separated by very thin neon green bands. That's the colour they've copied, hence my bemusement at why they didn't copy a different part of the shirt.

I’ve just been down to the shop in town for a look.

RE the colour it is either a washed out green or a murky yellow depending on your peepers. In the store they have the 99 shirt in there and it is similar although slightly more green. However with the absence of big black stripes it looks nothing like it.
Generally Its ok. Not as bad as people are making out. It will look good for the team especially when it gets dark (better than the second kit which is a bit dark for actual footballing purposes). Kids will love it.

On the whole I love the home kit this year so I’m not to fussed with the 2nd and 3rd.
If it was up to me I’d to go back to a red and black vertical striped shirt as per the classic city colour for 2nd choice and third choice would be a variation on the original pre war black with a white cross thing but in modern styling.

We've never won in yellow. We'll never win in yellow.
WA995289.jpg

:-)

Last edited:

Nike, unique as always!

To be honest, I don't mind most of the time if they go for a template one as the thrid kit which we'll wear 3 times, but why such shit colours?

When you look at those there all quirky colours. Its like someone has been playing with the settings in photoshop. The only one I like is the barca one but that wouldn’t work for us as it’s the wrong blue!

The important thing is it’s not completely awful and we have had a few in the past but other clubs have suffered a lot worse. Look at Everton this year – that is a joke colour for a football kit!

It's a kit not meant for adults? The young generation and kids will go nuts for it and at £78 for a full kit will make a shit load of cash!! You oldies and fatties have our gorgeous home kit to wear!

It's not the main stripe colour. If you look very, very closely at the playoff final kit, the stripes are separated by very thin neon green bands. That's the colour they've copied, hence my bemusement at why they didn't copy a different part of the shirt.

do you mean the little lines in between the thick lines
as i'm currently looking at the shirt and them thick lines are blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.