4-3-3

With the kind of players we have .. we should definately play the 4-2-3-1. this should be the formation:

------------Dzeko
----------------------------Aguero

----Nasri

-------------Silva

-------------------Toure
----------Garcia

Clichy----------------------Zabaleta

Nastasic Kompany

Notice how Aguero is in the RW position ..he's false winger...he can creep inside closer to the striker into the RF position.

Nasri can play the LAM position. Silva the CAM. Toure box to box CM. Garcia stays deep. Full backs provide width. if we want to make it more defensive Aguero and Nasri can drop a bit deeper.

We sometimes play like this .. but not always.

Now.. the problem with this system is that it's very narrow .. we can only play through the middle. So when the opposition stops you from playing through the middle .. you change tactics and play the wider version of of the 4-2-3-1 (like Real Madrid) .. problem is that we cannot do that because Nasri is not a winger. And we can't play Silva as LW/RW because he also is not a natural winger either.

Ideally we want be able to switch from the narrow version of the 4-2-3-1 to to the wide versions when ever we want.

This would be my dream squad:

---------------------Dzeko/Cavani--------------------

----Bale/Ben Arfa ------Silva/Nasri ----- Milner/Taarabt

-------------Garcia/Barry--------Toure/Rodwell---------

----Clichy/Kolarov---Nastasic---Kompany---Zabaleta----

No Aguero and Tevez because they are cannot score with their head.

I also do not like the whole idea of a 2nd striker .. it's just not necessary. Much better to pack the midfield with creative players.

badman said:
With the kind of players we have .. we should definately play the 4-2-3-1. this should be the formation:

------------Dzeko

----Nasri

-------------Silva

-------------------Toure
----------Garcia

Nastasic Kompany

Notice how Aguero is in the RW position ..he's false winger...he can creep inside closer to the striker into the RF position.

Nasri can play the LAM position. Silva the CAM. Toure box to box CM. Garcia stays deep. Full backs provide width. if we want to make it more defensive Aguero and Nasri can drop a bit deeper.

Now.. the problem with this system is that it's very narrow .. we can only play through the middle. So when the opposition stops you from playing through the middle .. you change tactics and play the wider version of of the 4-2-3-1 (like Real Madrid) .. problem is that we cannot do that because Nasri is not a winger. And we can't play Silva as LW/RW because he also is not a natural winger either.

Ideally we want be able to switch from the narrow version of the 4-2-3-1 to to the wide versions when ever we want.

I also do not like the whole idea of a 2nd striker .. it's just not necessary. Much better to pack the midfield with creative players.

No Aguero because he cannot score with his head?! Can I take you back to the FA Cup Semi Final? And i'd rather have Aguero who cannot score with his head that Dzeko who cannot play football with his feet . .

Yaya should always be played ahead of the dm, no way on this earth do his limited defensive abilities outweigh his unbelievable attacking ability

Smith_ said:
badman said:

------------Dzeko

----Nasri

-------------Silva

-------------------Toure
----------Garcia

Nastasic Kompany

No Aguero because he cannot score with his head?! Can I take you back to the FA Cup Semi Final? And i'd rather have Aguero who cannot score with his head that Dzeko who cannot play football with his feet . .

He can't do it consistently because he's very short. Other than that he's a great player.

Dzeko cannot play football with his feet, you are right in that .. but that's why he's a striker. He will get us goals if the team is built around him. Sadly he will leave in the summer.

alky313 said:
Taarabt and Ben Arfa are not Champions quality wingers.

they are talented players and with a bit of coaching they could be very useful.

Ben Arfa is in talks with Tottenham. Taarabt in talks with AC Milan.

fatbloke said:
There's four ways to score a goal...

1. Pass through them (e.g. the majority of our goals)
2. Ball over the top for someone to run onto
3. Down the wings
4. Set pieces (e.g. the only other way we score goals)

That shows our problem, we only have two methods of attack at the moment because we have too many similar players who all want to play neat little triangles and score the type of goals Barcelona are famous for. Tevez, Silva and Nasri are all too slow and predictable in terms of movement because they always choose the easy option and NEVER run in behind the opponents. I know that's not their style and that's not me slagging off those players, it's making a point that too many similar players doesn't work against a good team.

We need to add variety in terms of pace on the counter attack to stop teams swamping us in midfield and also width against teams who sit back and park the bus because it's far harder to defend against 4 styles of goals than the 2 we currently score.

Yup. And sitting here watching Munich outmanouvre Barca again, I'd argue that the days of tika taka are coming to an end and I hope to God that if we adopt it next season, we don't do so to the exclusion of all other avenues of approach. Take Messi out of the equation and I'm not convinced Barca would even finish top 4 in the Prem now. The system's been rumbled. Chelsea thwarted them twice, so did Celtic, so largely did PSG.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
fatbloke said:
There's four ways to score a goal...

1. Pass through them (e.g. the majority of our goals)
2. Ball over the top for someone to run onto
3. Down the wings
4. Set pieces (e.g. the only other way we score goals)

That shows our problem, we only have two methods of attack at the moment because we have too many similar players who all want to play neat little triangles and score the type of goals Barcelona are famous for. Tevez, Silva and Nasri are all too slow and predictable in terms of movement because they always choose the easy option and NEVER run in behind the opponents. I know that's not their style and that's not me slagging off those players, it's making a point that too many similar players doesn't work against a good team.

We need to add variety in terms of pace on the counter attack to stop teams swamping us in midfield and also width against teams who sit back and park the bus because it's far harder to defend against 4 styles of goals than the 2 we currently score.

Yup. And sitting here watching Munich outmanouvre Barca again, I'd argue that the days of tika taka are coming to an end and I hope to God that if we adopt it next season, we don't do so to the exclusion of all other avenues of approach. Take Messi out of the equation and I'm not convinced Barca would even finish top 4 in the Prem now. The system's been rumbled. Chelsea thwarted them twice, so did Celtic, so largely did PSG.

Nothing wrong with tiki taka as a base for how a team operates but teams need options and flexibility and I'd like City to develop their own style of football that combines the best elements of more than one style.

Re: City changing to 4-3-3

Fuck 4-3-3.

Bayern and Dortmund have proven this year that the future of football is 4-2-3-1. I know this formation has been popular for the last few years, but these two teams have perfected it.

If we can get Nasri working as hard as Robben and Ribery have in the 2 legs of the semi, the sky is the limit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.