4-6 players from the BIG cheese

Its fantastic to sense the passion in our new owners! What an incredible statement of intent.
The fact that they want to improve every facet of the club, is proof to me of real 'ownership'. These guys have a grand plan. What a great time to be a blue. Love and kisses to everyone....... I'm high on BLUE! x

Excellent articles. These guys are the true knights in shining armour that we waited so long for.

.... BUT LETS NOT FORGET THE PEOPLE WHO PAVED THIS ROAD ...

Taksin IMO can never be forgotten for first saving us and then finding a solid new owner. Just think what would have happened if Frank didn't come in when he did or just sold up to any old body when he was on the way out. I really think he deserves a whole lot more gratitude than he gets.

And beyond Frankie we owe so much to Wardle and Bernstein before him. And Pearce. And Keegan. And Royle. And a whole lot of other folks who always did their best for the club only to be turned on by far too many blues. Maybe these new owners will be around long enough and bring enough good times to never have to endure the ridicule. I hope and think they will.

I'm not trying to get down on us blues but I just want remind those who seem to forget that we HAVE been a club to be proud of for many a year. The new owners seem to have the money and sense to give us what we've always wanted. They and all the rest before them should be greatly appreciated and shown the utmost of respect.

CTID!

Matt Diablo said:
Thank you Frank I say...l

Don't be thanking Frank. We all know that Joey is the only one we should be thanking.

You are an ingrate!

Got to say he continues to come across well as does Cook every time he speaks. We are very lucky really for the first time in my life time with the exception of Bernstein that there is someone at the top who means business and has a plan.

Agree with the comments on Thaskin as well. People can say what they want about him but at the end of the day he came in when we were desperate needed some cash and even when he has left he has sorted us out BIG time.

WHo could he have sold the club to better than this ?

Really in the world of high end football it doesnt get any better than this....

alera said:
Got to say he continues to come across well as does Cook every time he speaks. We are very lucky really for the first time in my life time with the exception of Bernstein that there is someone at the top who means business and has a plan.

Agree with the comments on Thaskin as well. People can say what they want about him but at the end of the day he came in when we were desperate needed some cash and even when he has left he has sorted us out BIG time.

WHo could he have sold the club to better than this ?

Really in the world of high end football it doesnt get any better than this....

The Ray Ransom Consortium? ;)

Wasn't he going to give us 20 million to spend on players I think I read somewhere. lol

Whats amazing is how the press choose to report this. It a detailed article with lots of interesting points about our football club, and every single news outlet has just whacked " CITY WANT 6 MORE SUPERSTARS" on all their reports.

Johnny_on said:
Whats amazing is how the press choose to report this. It a detailed article with lots of interesting points about our football club, and every single news outlet has just whacked " CITY WANT 6 MORE SUPERSTARS" on all their reports.

sky ran with us not over paying for players

Re: It just gets better

whicko said:
Thirty years of abject hunger – ‘I share it’
Robert Ditcham and Sarah Tregoning

Last Updated: June 17. 2009 12:07AM UAE / June 16. 2009 8:07PM GMT ABU DHABI // The past three decades have been an era of turbulence for Manchester City. While the red half of the town has filled its trophy cabinet, the Blues have yo-yoed between league divisions. They won their last major trophy in 1976, taking home the League Cup. Ten years earlier they had started a brief period as arguably the best side in England, relegating Manchester United to the second tier of English football in the process.

Khaldoon al Mubarak has been left under no illusions as to the importance of reviving that brief but glorious era.

“I don’t think I truly appreciated what I was getting into until I got there,” he said. “It’s very easy when you are sitting in Abu Dhabi and when your knowledge of it is based on hearsay and based on watching football on TV and going to games.

“Once you go to Manchester and you are the chairman of Man City Football Club, you quickly realise the importance of that club to the city of Manchester and the people of Manchester, and that passion is not something that you take lightly.”

Mr al Mubarak said he shared the fans’ hunger for success. “I was really aware of how much people care and their lives are almost connected to it,” he said. “This is a team that has had a huge fan base but one that has been very frustrated.”

Fans in the UAE were optimistic over the club’s future, hoping for a top-six finish next season.

“Just to be seriously linked with players such as Carlos Tevez and Samuel Eto’o represents a huge shift in fortune,” said David Hammett, vice chairman of the UAE Manchester City Supporters Club and a Dubai resident.

“The relationship between the club and its supporters is now closer than I ever remember it being, with the hierarchy keen to listen to the fans and implement their ideas whenever possible.

“Beating Liverpool to the signature of Gareth Barry has made the media sit up and take notice of us again, and it’s hopefully a sign of things to come. A top-six finish should be attainable this season with the addition of a few more quality players and it would be nice to see us win a trophy or two within the next few years. But we’re a patient bunch at Manchester City – we’ve had to be.”
This guy seems to know his stuff. Very insightful!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.