4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bin him off in the summer.

He isn't good enough for City. Never was good enough for City and he's far too injury prone.

We went from Fernandinho to this guy. A massive, massive drop off.

Rodri is going to be burned into the ground because we don't have an adequate backup.

The fact Pep has questioned his lack of professionalism and the fact he couldn't even be bothered to turn up to his unveiling when we signed him suggests he's just not a good fit for us.

A massive mistake buying him. Never wanted him anyway.
Yawn

Yea because stones, Walker, Sterling, foden, Barry…. were/ all terrible. They’ve all been integral to our league winning sides

We’ve also won the league 4 out of the last 5 years with those English players. Sounds like you just don’t like English players

You missed out James Milner and Fabian Delph.

(But fortunately overlooked Scott Sinclair, Jack Rodwell, Patrick Roberts)

That sums up the majority of Bielsa's squad at Leeds.

Flattered to deceive in the Championship and found out quite quickly at the higher level.

Txiki was robbed.
Very true, Bielsa a superb short term coach who got his players believing they were far better than reality.

Phillips is a decent player for me, nothing more, he will be gone in the summer.

It’s a strange one because it’s not like we saw a quick-profit opportunity. We paid about £45m for him and would be lucky to recoup that right now. Shame really.

I wouldn't mind Phillips sticking around next season but it is going to take a whole preseason to really turn things around.
Agree. I'd keep him and get him on an aggressive programme pre season. The little we've seen has shown he is very good technically, he's just slower than Javi Garcia carrying Rodri around on his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.