4 | Kalvin Phillips - 2024/25

AshtonBlueMooner

We don’t know if he’ll stay or go but he deserves a thread in here in addition to the transfer thread.
Last night was his best performance in the pre season friendlies and maybe something Pep will consider for the last friendly against Chelsea and even Charity Shield with Ruben, John and Kyle all returning late in the day.
Anyway, I’ve watched the game and Kalvin is definitely better with the game in front of him. Far from perfect but some of his passes were excellent. Well done lad, keep working and who knows what will happen in the future.

Just been discussing kalvin and pondering whether it was a tactic from Pep to fill the lad with a bit of confidence, only saw the first half and he must have touched the ball more in the half than his entire time at City.
I hope it works out for him. He is better than what he has shown. Obviously horribly out of form and confidence. So much pressure and attention on him now. I think if he went somewhere we he can string some games together and is out of the spotlight he will go back to what he once was.

I hope it works out for him. He is better than what he has shown. Obviously horribly out of form and confidence. So much pressure and attention on him now. I think if he went somewhere we he can string some games together and is out of the spotlight he will go back to what he once was.

To be fair, he tried that at West Ham under a manager you’d have thought would’ve been perfect for him in Moyes. But he was arguably (somehow) even worse there than he had shown here!

The only way he gets out the spotlight would be to go abroad or to drop a division. No matter what team you play in, the PL has so much constant attention on it.

Playing as a balling playing cb is a good idea. Cant have enough good players from the back who can pass and not make mistakes on the press.

Defo wouldn’t be against him staying and taking on this new role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.