4 passes goal.... 3 passes goal.

Fat Chance said:
Uwe Roslers Grandad said:
mackenzie said:
Absolutely.

It's easy to say play quickly but most teams are not set up against us these days with too many players ahead of the ball. I do agree we need to be quicker in our play around the area, including stretching the play more, overlaps etc but when teams don't commit players your always going to end up in the situation where you have to be patient trying to break through.

Bollocks...what do the opposition do when our halfbacks have the ball...plot-up in thier penalty area?
They retreat. Reading did precisely that. They did their level best to keep everyone behind the ball

Fat Chance said:
mackenzie said:
Absolutely.

It's easy to say play quickly but most teams are not set up against us these days with too many players ahead of the ball. I do agree we need to be quicker in our play around the area, including stretching the play more, overlaps etc but when teams don't commit players your always going to end up in the situation where you have to be patient trying to break through.

Bollocks...what do the opposition do when our halfbacks have the ball...plot-up in thier penalty area?

No, I didn't say they did. But that's assuming you win the ball back on the wing. We play narrow so any counter attack is likely to be through the middle. I take it from that you're assuming our full backs are ahead of theirs when we win the ball.

Uber Blues said:
And Vinnie breaks the anchor rope that prevents him crossing the half way line.
Attack with pace, and meaningful forward movement and passing, use our pace and run at defenders. Try and add some width to our game, and move forward as a group to attack not in small stuttering sideways passing packs.
Seems to have worked yesterday anyway.
Long may we carry the game to other teams instead of trying to break them down playing softball with them.
Use the skill and ability we have in it's greatest strengh.
Attack attack attack attack attack!!
May give Joe a bit of a break to gather his thoughts as well ?
Only four teams we've played so far have played against us like Norwich did yesterday. Norwich Newcastle Villa and Southampton. All the rest have sat back and tried to hit us on the break making us have to pass it forty times per move to try and break them down.

In the games we've played against teams who've come out to playa against us we've scored 3 5 3 and 4. If teams came out to play against us every week we'd score between 3 and 5 every week. But they don't so we don't.

Marvin said:
Fat Chance said:

They retreat. Reading did precisely that. They did their level best to keep everyone behind the ball

No fucka on earth can retreat faster than the right pass.

When there's 10 behind the ball you have to turn the opposition. Tippy tap the ball in the corner and pull the ball back. Creates havoc and confusion. Problem is we slow it down 10 yards in front of their area so they can see the ball and our players. Milner/Silva playing close to each other is all we need!

Ducado said:
What has been happening in a lot of games is that we have been given the opposition time to defend in numbers, by being pedestrian in attack!

This is what i was meaning. We are so shuffle it up the field with slow, almost time wasting passes it's allowing even the worst of teams (and lets face it Reading are not the best defensive outfit) to sort out and get everyone behind the ball.
They don't start a game lined out on the edge of their penalty area do they ?.
You should always find some space if you move the ball with pace through forward accurate passing, or even running with the ball. Aimless side way's passing across the back 4 waiting for a team like Reading to come out and play ? Don't think so some how.

Vinne made a great run through the centre of the park yesterday, used his size and strengh and pace, YaYa should be encouraged to do that more as well. We did it last year with great success in most games. Can't keep playing tippy tappy footy and hope for a late patient winner. If we go for an early goal teams like Reading have to come out then. Not saying we should be Gung ho, but at least if we concede in that game plan we will have time to recover. I think you will see us playing more go for the throat football now. We have to, and we have the players to do it, no doubt about that.

Fat Chance said:

No, I didn't say they did. But that's assuming you win the ball back on the wing. We play narrow so any counter attack is likely to be through the middle. I take it from that you're assuming our full backs are ahead of theirs when we win the ball.

If our halfbacks take two opponents out of the game with a Forward pass and a YaYa slips his man and starts to run..then that means only 7 pairs of legs can be obstructing the view to goal (even if we're only attacking 5 handed) with a further dynamic about to open up with somebody from the opposition having to leave his blocking-out duties to deal with YY...i know well enough thats awfully simplistic but football aint cracking the atom.

mcb1207 said:
When there's 10 behind the ball you have to turn the opposition. Tippy tap the ball in the corner and pull the ball back. Creates havoc and confusion. Problem is we slow it down 10 yards in front of their area so they can see the ball and our players. Milner/Silva playing close to each other is all we need!
I agree, get to the by line and pull it back for the on-rushing forward/midfielder......but assumes a fit full-back and we have had 4 out

Fat Chance said:
Fat Chance said:

If our halfbacks take two opponents out of the game with a Forward pass and a YaYa slips his man and starts to run..then that means only 7 pairs of legs can be obstructing the view to goal (even if we're only attacking 5 handed) with a further dynamic about to open up with somebody from the opposition having to leave his blocking-out duties to deal with YY...i know well enough thats awfully simplistic but football aint cracking the atom.

I understand your point. For me we don't have enough variation in our squad, wingers or speed wise to change a game if its not working. Teams let us play in front of them and 9 times out of 10 we overcome that and it works given the players we have. It's when we're struggling to break teams down that I think we're struggling this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.