4 passes goal.... 3 passes goal.

The way teams set up against us and other teams makes a difference as well

Take Sunderland recently at times playing with a back 6 against us, they open up and attack a bit more then Spuds score against them easy

ob said:
The way teams set up against us and other teams makes a difference as well

Take Sunderland recently at times playing with a back 6 against us, they open up and attack a bit more then Spuds score against them easy
Exactly. It's so obvious and annoying that some fans think that it's City/Mancini that are dictating the slow-build up.

One criticism I would make of City regarding dealing with the ultra-defensive tactics is that this started 12 months ago and when we sold AJ (which was a long time in the coming and well sign-posted) we should have got a replacement wide-man.

No one tries the blanket defence against man Utd because their game is based on wingers and it would be suicidal to sit deep and let them rain crosses in. We really should have replaced AJ with one or two top quality wingers.

Nice to see Vinnie pushing on a little today and JL dropping behind his foward runs. Though we showed much more purpose today moving the ball forward and taking players on.
Stoke are and were oday awkward bastards to play against, but i thought today it proved we can do it.
Very uplifting i thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.