40 goals a season striker - Are there any?

In a word no.

In Pep's rotation system, you wouldn't get a striker playing enough games.

The only reason Pep rotates is because people aren't good enough to be the de facto number 1 or aren't fit enough.

Sterling has played 47,46,51 and 48* games under Pep, Walker played 100 games in his first 2 seasons & Fernandinho averages 45 games despite injuries and suspensions.

These guys were undroppable and didn't get injured.

So if we had a striker who did everything Pep wanted and good fitness levels, he would play every game, just like Lewandowski did for him.

yes, and coupled with yesterday that Kev for most of it and David had very poor passing days, how narrow we were, the time they had to defend and clog the middle, no striker was going to get the service or chances that some are dreaming about.
Every through ball was off the mark another day they go through and we score, I know it might sound daft but had the pitch been watered because it seemed very slow no zip, when we play at home the grass is like grease for those sort of balls, everything seemed to be off and KDB certainly looked leggy when trying to get back.

It's not about fitness it's about game time. A fully fit Aguero still gets rotated.

I know many would disagree but if we started Jesus 35 league games a season he'd rack them up too.

The only way we're getting a 40 goal a season striker is if either Sterling or Jesus become super clinical or we sign a 27 year old Messi.

if aguero is fit why would he want to rest and not play in this team ?? rotation means we use a false 9 or a front 3 because of injury not rotation, city don't have another out and out striker and that is why city are losing games like yesterday its simple

It's not about fitness it's about game time. A fully fit Aguero still gets rotated.

I know many would disagree but if we started Jesus 35 league games a season he'd rack them up too.

The only way we're getting a 40 goal a season striker is if either Sterling or Jesus become super clinical or we sign a 27 year old Messi.
having to play Jesus week in week out just shines a light on why he's left out.

The only reason Pep rotates is because people aren't good enough to be the de facto number 1 or aren't fit enough.

Sterling has played 47,46,51 and 48* games under Pep, Walker played 100 games in his first 2 seasons & Fernandinho averages 45 games despite injuries and suspensions.

These guys were undroppable and didn't get injured.

So if we had a striker who did everything Pep wanted and good fitness levels, he would play every game, just like Lewandowski did for him.

Very good point. I don't watch a lot of Barcelona matches. However, fairly certain that Messi chap wasn't rotated too often.

if aguero is fit why would he want to rest and not play in this team ?? rotation means we use a false 9 or a front 3 because of injury not rotation, city don't have another out and out striker and that is why city are losing games like yesterday its simple
There were so many games where Aguero was on a verge getting a Hattrick and got subbed for Jesus or whoever. No one will score 40 if Pep keeps rotating that much. Jesus imo is like Rashford - can play as the main striker but it‘s not his best position. Would love seeing him as a LW or with Kun together - like in the first season where we often played 3-5-2 before Mendy‘s injury.

There's one who has just scored twice.

We should just say to levy name your price, they need money back for the new stadium and surely kane isn't going to improve under that bitter has been.

Imagine kane up front for us? Oh. My. God.

Would be a dream but also extremely expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.