40 Years Ago Today

Was it 4.0 or 4.1? I seem to remember Asa having a crackin game and scoring one or two. But it was a long time ago and memory fades. I was right behind the goals in the North Stand. Bells going off put a damper on the game even though no one realised it was as bad as it turned out.

It was 4-0.
At the time it was the happiest I'd felt leaving a game. We didn't realise the seriousness of Bell's injury until quite a while later.

Just watched the highlights of the final. Could and perhaps should have ended up about 4-3. Certainly Joe Royle had a goal disallowed and I've no idea what for.

Funny to think that for such a talented team - Asa Hartford, Dave Watson, Peter Barnes, Dennis Tueart - that was the only trophy they ever won. Even more funny to think that for a team that largely consisted of local lads (Joe Corrigan, Mike Doyle, Barnes, Tommy Booth etc) the next time we would win that particular trophy we would do so without a single English player in the starting XI.

just looked at the date its my then girlfriends now wifes birthday ha ha guess where i was in the evening.
what a night, shes a good wife knows the score.

I was sat in the North Stand that night and even though we played them off the park that night it was tragic to lose Colin in that way, because he was having a good season up to then, never was the same when he came back against Newcastle.............

Great night apart from the injury, we absolutely stuffed them in that first half and could have ended up with 6 or 7 if we'd been a bit more ruthless in the 2nd half. Paddy Roche was fucking awful.

just posted that game on another thread , it was my very first game and youve made me realise Ive now been following the blues for 40 years , blimey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.