40M Bid from Corinthians

jimbo101 said:
Banks wont give a guarantee unless it's backed up by some serious collateral.
For 40mill that would be some serious real estate, or a cross company guarantee to a rich parent company.

I don't belive these chancers have any of that, so the bank would probably be looking at a charge over future TV money. No wonder they're reluctant. Banks dont like taking on risk.

No they don't. Loans like this (actually most loans) are laid off either as a book or individually which would be the case here I imagine. Its not just that you have to get a bank or banks to issue guarantees on this deal but the bank(s) themselves will look to lay the off the bulk of the risk keeping say only 10% for their books. This will take time and is the main reason why I was sceptical from the off.

What I didn't appreciate is that City do seem keener than Tevez himself to pack him off to Brazil and if both parties are keen to make a deal happen they will usually find a way...

24 hours and we will know one way or the other

Corinthians are just Kias smokescreen, If you wanted to buy a 40 million property or company, I would expect you could afford an £8.7 million deposit.
We have completed the due diligence and found these jokers out.When we wanted the sellon clause inserted to Europe that finished their idea of a fast buck, All need now is Bryan Robson to come out as Corinthians advisor and this joke will be over.
Time to get Aguero and swap Tevez for Wesley

craigsteel said:
Corinthians are just Kias smokescreen, If you wanted to buy a 40 million property or company, I would expect you could afford an £8.7 million deposit.
We have completed the due diligence and found these jokers out.When we wanted the sellon clause inserted to Europe that finished their idea of a fast buck, All need now is Bryan Robson to come out as Corinthians advisor and this joke will be over.
Time to get Aguero and swap Tevez for Wesley
Yep.

LoveCity said:
Someone on Twitter claiming ESPN Brazil has been told by Corinthians they can't get the bank guarantee for 2-3 days. I wish this horrible saga would just end, its becoming as torturous as the Sanchez one.
What have they been doing for the last fortnight? Amateurs or were they ever serious. I uspect we have known all along that this deal was never going to happen, and we're very publically demonstrating this to the player so it's impossible for them to turn against the club

LoveCity said:
Someone on Twitter claiming ESPN Brazil has been told by Corinthians they can't get the bank guarantee for 2-3 days. I wish this horrible saga would just end, its becoming as torturous as the Sanchez one.

Then you could do it as a temporary loan until the guarantees are in place and either backdate the transfer or move it to take effect in the next window. If City are happy to defer the instalments then you could defer the transfer although the loan would be subject to the transfer taking place on the agreed date. If it doesn't then Tevez is back as a City player.

All this only happens if City really are as keen as they appear to ship Tevez off to Brazil. Alternatively City could be just playing a long game until Corinthians give up and withdraw.

Fascinating stuff really

BobKowalski said:
jimbo101 said:
For 40mill that would be some serious real estate, or a cross company guarantee to a rich parent company.

I don't belive these chancers have any of that, so the bank would probably be looking at a charge over future TV money. No wonder they're reluctant. Banks dont like taking on risk.

No they don't. Loans like this (actually most loans) are laid off either as a book or individually which would be the case here I imagine. Its not just that you have to get a bank or banks to issue guarantees on this deal but the bank(s) themselves will look to lay the off the bulk of the risk keeping say only 10% for their books. This will take time and is the main reason why I was sceptical from the off.

What I didn't appreciate is that City do seem keener than Tevez himself to pack him off to Brazil and if both parties are keen to make a deal happen they will usually find a way...

I'm pretty sure this deal will be done now.

BobKowalski said:
jimbo101 said:

why did you doubted the City willingness to sell tevez ?

he want out

the manager and the board dont want see him anymore not even in a pic

nobody offered for him in europe

obviusly City are desperate to pack him off

The only thing that is positive about this saga is that it will be settled, either way, within a day and a bit.

okstate99 said:
jimbo101 said:
okstate99 said:
You never know.

The chairmen of the bank might be a big supporter. Some of these clubs have close relationships with banks. Just look at Real Madrid.

True, to an extent. But it's a big jump from a bank writing off debt owed to it from it's local team (Real/Barca) to stumping up 40 mill to a third party.

So your assuming this has to be a Uk Bank? Why cant it be a Brazilian Bank?

I was meaning a Brazilian bank. They're all basically run on the same principles though.
This isn't a guarantee for a couple of grand - it's for (if I understand correctly) the whole 40mill - given that we get nothing up front.
A bank guarantee is a definite guarantee to pay in the event that Corinthians can't. It's unequivocal & enforcible throguh the international banking channels. That's why we want it.
Imagine trying to sue Corinthians - bet they're more slippery than oily Kia!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.