40M Bid from Corinthians

to me, our acceptance to negotiate on terms that just don't suit us would suggest that aguero is close for me. i think the opportunity to sign aguero is really a one off that has presented itself. there is no doubt for me that he is a worldy, and will light this place up. would city be willing to let tevez go for nothing upfront if we didn't have a player of this quality lined up ?

So how would a bank guarantee work if Corinthians couldn't meet the payments? Would the bank take control of Tevez's registration (the asset)? But be obliged to pay us as per the terms of the contract between City and Corinthians?

STU BRENNAN JUST TWEETED THIS

StuBrennanMEN Stuart Brennan
Hearing City have accepted first payment deferred until next year. Other obstacles yet, but could beat deadline

dref619 said:
to me, our acceptance to negotiate on terms that just don't suit us would suggest that aguero is close for me. i think the opportunity to sign aguero is really a one off that has presented itself. there is no doubt for me that he is a worldy, and will light this place up. would city be willing to let tevez go for nothing upfront if we didn't have a player of this quality lined up ?

Aguero, I would say is 100% done. Otherwise we wouldn't be so willing to basically give Carlos away.

Brennan and Castles both say we've accepted the payment structure now, can't really get better sources than that other than the club.

But Castles' latest Tweet is worrying.

It's common in contracts for the money to be guaranteed by either a bank or a parent company that has a good credit rating.
As corinthians don't have a parent company (or at least not one of any credit substance) a bank guarantee would be the only solution. It has a cost based on risk and if corinthians can convince a bank that their proposed purchase has sound finance then it will be a cheap loan.
City aren't being awkward either - under the laws of england & wales they're required to use due diligence in such matters and, in the most extreme cases, the directors could face jail if they didn't.

Andouble said:
dref619 said:

Aguero, I would say is 100% done. Otherwise we wouldn't be so willing to basically give Carlos away.

it has to be, our stance has changed completely from we're not desperate to get shot, to now have the fucker. he's like the old ugly bird once you've gone to uni and met a fitter blonde with bigger tits. i can not put into words how excited i am to see aguero in a city strip. i may go mental

LoveCity said:
Brennan and Castles both say we've accepted the payment structure now, can't really get better sources than that other than the club.

link? or whats his twitter name?

LoveCity said:

that City accepting the deferred payment seems like a new development, while these other sources, like the Yahoo and Guardian, are going on information from earlier today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.