4132 formation

Didsbury Dave

I've never seen a city team set up in this formation before - first trialled in the second half of the plzen game. An incredibly attacking formation which worked a treat. Fernandinho swept up at the base of the midfield whilst yaya stepped up to where he is dangerous.

It concentrated the play around united's box, and when we play around that area we really hurt teams. It's a formation which risks being 'broken away' at, but the way fernandinho swept up, and vinny stepped out of defence to bully Rooney, meant that was never a problem.

What a fucking performance that was. Lets stick with this formation and win a shit load of trophies.

Incredible first hour

Unrealistic to expect such intensity again, but we need to play to a settled formation and just rotate the players

it was the 4-4-2, with toure slightly further up the pitch, fernandinho staying back. nasri cutting in from the left. jesus waiting on flanks to receive the ball. aguero/negredo making a lot of movements up front.

835187_Champions_League_Team.jpg

I think Negredo may have got a regular start now.

Jovetic and Dzeko against WIgan?

bluethunder said:
it was the 4-4-2, with toure slightly further up the pitch, fernandinho staying back. nasri cutting in from the left. jesus waiting on flanks to receive the ball. aguero/negredo making a lot of movements up front.

It certainly wasn't a 442 as I recognised it, I thought more 4231 with Aguero playing the Tevez role, and Yaya running forward and Fernandinho clearing up. Either way Pellegrini has tweaked things, and it looks like its clicked, still early days, but more of this please.

Marvin said:
Incredible first hour

Unrealistic to expect such intensity again, but we need to play to a settled formation and just rotate the players

I think this one is the one. Silva can come back in no problem. Jovetic, Milner, even Rodwell can slot In quite naturally.

It's a bold formation and you could argue one that's built around yaya. But it gets the best from all of our key players, and gets us Sergio and negredo on the park in dangerous areas.

I was worried that teams could hurt us on the break, playing in this 'top heavy' way. But now I think we should go balls out to steamroller the lot of em. I am so excited about the future.

bluethunder said:

It was a classic 4132. Fernandinho sat deep and yaya was up between the wide men.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:

It was a classic 4132. Fernandinho sat deep and yaya was up between the wide men.

yaya was box to box, he was all over the pitch, including in defence, he was not (as you allege) in between the wide men for 90 minutes.

the 4-4-2 can be played in different ways. it is very flexible. our base/default formation is 4-4-2, but during the game the players make a lot of movements.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:21 am --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
bluethunder said:

It certainly wasn't a 442 as I recognised it, I thought more 4231 with Aguero playing the Tevez role, and Yaya running forward and Fernandinho clearing up. Either way Pellegrini has tweaked things, and it looks like its clicked, still early days, but more of this please.

well most people don't know what the 4-4-2 is unfortunately.

when man united put rooney in the hole, they are still playing 4-4-2, but when City put aguero in the hole then they must be playing 4-2-3-1 . it is crazy.

bluethunder said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:

yaya was box to box, he was all over the pitch, including in defence, he was not (as you allege) in between the wide men for 90 minutes.

the 4-4-2 can be played in different ways. it is very flexible. our base/default formation is 4-4-2, but during the game the players make a lot of movements.

-- Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:21 am --

cleavers said:
bluethunder said:

well most people don't know what the 4-4-2 is unfortunately.

when man united put rooney in the hole, they are still playing 4-4-2, but when City put aguero in the hole then they must be playing 4-2-3-1 . it is crazy.
It was a basic 442. Sure there was a lot of movement by the players to coz confusion. But by and large we had 2 wide, 2 in the middle and 2 upfront. Sure, their roles in that formation differed a bit, Nasri cuts in Naturally coz he is a righty playing on the left, Navas cuts to the lin coz he is a righty playing on the right, and Yaya did drive up the middle more and Fernandihno was more reserved. But basically, it was a 442. The picture above correctly places all our players in their base position.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:

more of a 2-2-1- 3-1-1!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.