4132 formation

leewill31 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've never seen a city team set up in this formation before - first trialled in the second half of the plzen game. An incredibly attacking formation which worked a treat. Fernandinho swept up at the base of the midfield whilst yaya stepped up to where he is dangerous.

It concentrated the play around united's box, and when we play around that area we really hurt teams. It's a formation which risks being 'broken away' at, but the way fernandinho swept up, and vinny stepped out of defence to bully Rooney, meant that was never a problem.

What a fucking performance that was. Lets stick with this formation and win a shit load of trophies.

im sure this is pelli's ideal style/plan for the season maybe only from midweek did he see the players were ready to play this way?
Well you could argue that he played yaya deeper, alongside fernandinho, to cover the defence in vinny's absence. But when those two sat together, fernandinho seemed confused as to what his role was, and yaya was slowing play down by coming to the centre halves for the ball all the time, and going square too much.

But fernandinho looked much happier sweeping up behind yaya and yaya destroyed them around their own box. And all the play was concentrated in their last third of the field.

capiloton said:
it's actually Pelle favourite 4-2-2-2 magic box. basically base from 4-4-2 formation but much more flexible.

835256_Manchester_City.jpg

4-2-2-2 and 4-4-1-1 (which is what we switch between )are in the 4-4-2 family. you can call the 4-2-2-2 a 4-4-2 if you want, it makes no difference.

other systems that are part of the 4-4-2 family:

- 4-1-3-2
- 4-4-2 diamond

bluethunder said:
capiloton said:
it's actually Pelle favourite 4-2-2-2 magic box. basically base from 4-4-2 formation but much more flexible.

835256_Manchester_City.jpg

4-2-2-2 and 4-4-1-1 (which is what we switch between )are in the 4-4-2 family. you can call the 4-2-2-2 a 4-4-2 if you want, it makes no difference.

other systems that are part of the 4-4-2 formation:

- 4-1-3-2
- 4-4-2 diamond

Ouch my head!

People get too hung up on formations. I imagine that Pelligrini barely even mentioned how many of our players were playing where, more that he gave each individual their role and each partnership a role too.

First of all Kompany was going to mark Rooney and both he and Nastasic were forceful and tried many times to be the start of the counter attack. Kolarov and Nasri linked up brilliantly all day whilst Zabba and Navas were equally as effective on the other flank. For the first time this season the partnership of Yaya and Ferandinho (who was sublime btw) worked well as the balance of who went forward and who stayed back was correct. Also, when both Yaya and Fernandinho were deep, both Nasri and Aguero dropped into the midfield to pick up the pieces. Aguero has always played better in the Tevez role and will probably build up a better long term partnership with Negredo who sticks to his position up front, unlike Dzeko who is another striker who likes to drop deep or go out wide.

So I would say formation played a very small part in the win because the team is so fluid and can change regularly during the game. I think individuals knowing their roles and partnerships throughout the team working to perfection, along with the strategy of pressing up high and not allowing United out of their own half won us this game.

The really, really funny thing though is Moyes playing for a draw whilst at the same time somehow thinking Fellaini and Carrick could stop Yaya and Fernandinho. Now that is tactically inept.

Tactical Analysis is up on Zonal Marking

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/09/22/man-city-4-1-man-united-nasris-narrowness-and-kolarovs-overlapping-puts-city-in-charge/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/09/22/ ... in-charge/</a>

You're all wrong!
I think you'll find (& the result bears this out) that we, most definitely, played the well respected 4141 formation.
:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.