#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure there was a similar thing with Sarri and Hudson-Odoi last season.

Not so sure it was such a big deal. That was, if my memory serves me correctly fueled by contract negotiations and the fact that other wingers at Chelsea were performing poor (or at least according to a substantial number of CFC fans).

Not so sure it was such a big deal. That was, if my memory serves me correctly fueled by contract negotiations and the fact that other wingers at Chelsea were performing poor (or at least according to a substantial number of CFC fans).

Not like Gundogan and Silva are lighting up the world at the moment.

Not like Gundogan and Silva are lighting up the world at the moment.

You are losing focus on the point we discussed. If I was less polite, I would say you are being obtuse.

Are you stating that Hudson Odoi last year and Foden's position now is identical? That is the point we were discussing. I am not getting into a debate comparing the quality of Chelsea's wingers with our midfielders. A rather ridiculous comparison.

He was never going to leave and he was never going out on loan

And he’s never going to be ready to replace David Silva next season, because he won’t have played nearly enough football to suddenly be a starting every week for a top club - it had to be a gradual process from the start of last season, but generic players like Gundogan and an over-played, geriatric Silva are occupying what should be his development minutes.

The only way it could be viable is if he goes on loan in January and plays 90 competitive minutes every week for 5 months ; it’s unfair to expect him to go from mascot to midfield metronome without suffient football to mature in between.

They are desperate for Foden to go out on loan or move all together,claiming he needs to be playing regularly,hmmm is it because he is at Manchester City,if for instance he was at Everton or wolves would they be crying about game time I highly doubt it,also you can bet if he did go out on loan and wasn’t getting game time there’d be no mention of it from the media,Phil will get game time and plenty of it this season these cnuts are just absolutely desperate for any crumb of negativity aimed at city ...
Yep. And thats why i personally...have had to pretty much STFU about Foden..becauce it all gets wrapped up in media anti City,point scoring shit....
Have a dig at City..the Foden issue will do....stir it up. Im not bothered about the media.Gave that gig up a few years ago-..but i do want to see the best young footballer play...

The only way it could be viable is if he goes on loan in January and plays 90 competitive minutes every week for 5 months ; it’s unfair to expect him to go from mascot to midfield metronome without suffient football to mature in between.

Which club will commit to playing him 90 minutes a week for 5 months?

And he’s never going to be ready to replace David Silva next season, because he won’t have played nearly enough football to suddenly be a starting every week for a top club - it had to be a gradual process from the start of last season, but generic players like Gundogan and an over-played, geriatric Silva are occupying what should be his development minutes.

Give over with the better out on loan - you have no idea how Phil should be best developed, so please stop making out you do.

Its October and 8 games into a long old season. There will be ample opportunities for development time.

We know you dont believe in Pep, but why should we believe in you?

You are losing focus on the point we discussed. If I was less polite, I would say you are being obtuse.

Are you stating that Hudson Odoi last year and Foden's position now is identical? That is the point we were discussing. I am not getting into a debate comparing the quality of Chelsea's wingers with our midfielders. A rather ridiculous comparison.

I said in my first post that they were similar situations. Obviously if you put everything into context there will be differences, but the main gist of it was there was both media and fan pressure for the 2 players to get more first team football.

Isn't a dipper forum missing you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.