#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was too nervous about the result last night to pay close attention to his performance, but it felt like things clicked more in the second half when he moved across to the right side. Think it's big that Pep trusts him more than Bernardo to do the run-your-arse-off-false-9 job.

Would have the same front 3 against Lyon, but perhaps Jesus up top - not sure we need to drain Fodens legs as a false 9 at the start of the mini tournament

After last night I'd like to see him playing as a false 9 even more.

He was brilliant and his work rate is incredible.

I love his ability to create half a yard for himself and with his finishing ability I think he'd score bucket loads from that position. He just ghosts into the right areas and has so much composure around the box. While when he comes deep his awareness and touch just effortless.

You can see why the youth coaches at City stopped trying to coach him. He's unbelievably natural.
Yep.

After last night I'd like to see him playing as a false 9 even more.

He was brilliant and his work rate is incredible.

I love his ability to create half a yard for himself and with his finishing ability I think he'd score bucket loads from that position. He just ghosts into the right areas and has so much composure around the box. While when he comes deep his awareness and touch just effortless.

You can see why the youth coaches at City stopped trying to coach him. He's unbelievably natural.

He is a false nine, a true eight , a possible 7 or 11, a pivot, a libero, a quarterback, a box to box, in short the boy is a generational.

Indeed it is,not sure a dig was required,two totally different players

I love Leroy and wish we still had him but pointing out Phil's work rate in comparison isn't much of a dig.

Eighteen months ago if you told me we would lose Sane and be playing Foden in the frontline against Real Madrid in the knockout rounds, I'd probably have a few questions. Games like yesterday make you feel like it might be a blessing in disguise.

Tbf think he went ott saying he'll be better than Silva, if he's even close I'd be more than happy!

Quicker than Silva, more of a goal threat, better engine. Still, it's difficult to become better than Silva. His reading of the game and technique in congested spaces was sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.