#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the match thread, Foden was very, very good on both sides of the ball tonight.

He is becoming a more complete player, not unlike a certain diminutive Spaniard that some may remember from our recent past. He may even be better from a goalscoring perspective.

It’s still early days (still... seems he’s been in the team for ages now), but I do genuinely think he is going to be one of our best players in the coming years.

Let it be so, football gods.

Amen.

Don't think anyone owes anyone any apologies.

That quality that's he's displaying now, he had it back when people were calling for him to be more involved too.
There were players ahead of him at the time.
Now is his time to shine and shine he will.

He must be an inspiration for the academy kids to aspire too. Pep stuck to his guns in insisting his best education was at a City in the first team squad rather than going on loan, and we are seeing the benefits of that now.

Finished the season fantastically in the final few games and has picked up where he left off

That was a stunning performance, absolutely stunning. I mean, the first 17 minutes there were 3 Messi-esque balls to put us through 1 on 1 with their keeper. We're talking passes out of little or nothing to suddenly put us through. He was everywhere, and the ball is always in safe hands with him no matter how tight it is when he receives it. His passes are well weighted to keep moves flowing, and when they're camped by their own area and it's tight, he looks the most likely to open them up with his quick feet. Should have used his right foot a couple of times, but plenty of time to add that to his game. Pure class. Work rate incredible. Ran the show. Just hope he didn't run himself down too much before the leicester game.

Already one of the team's best players at the age of 20. Genuine WC talent. Best player on the pitch by a wide margin.

Phil, if you want to go out and bang every Scandinavian woman you meet, crack on kid.
Just make sure you carry on playing like you do because in 5 years you’ll be the best in the world.

Phil, if you want to go out and bang every Scandinavian woman you meet, crack on kid.
Just make sure you carry on playing like you do because in 5 years you’ll be the best in the world.
And don’t get caught. ;-)

A masterlclass , he put three opportunities on a plate in the first 15 minutes and controlled the game there after , playing alongside Merlin and coached by Pep has been a blessing for English football , future City and England captain.

He is currently the 2nd best player at the club. And there are 3 World Class players currently on the squad...

Doesn't that automatically make him World Class if he is better than 2 of the 3?

I think so :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.