#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got that star quality about him that means he can do very little in a game and still make something big happen, like today with the goal.

De Bruyne is the only other, although it's possible you could categorise Mahrez, Cancelo, and a fit Aguero in that group too.

How many comments do we hear every game we play regarding his playing time. I love watching him play but he isn’t always on top of his game like any other player. He can be dropped. The guys playing plenty there is no issues at all how often he is playing anymore, I would maybe have agreed last season or the season before but now with how we rotate I’m happy with the time he gets. Everyone just needs to accept he’s here now, he’s a top top player and hes getting the game time he needs. It’s down to the manager. Hate the the press in this country same shite everyday.... Oh and every game is important
Im sorry but this is rubbish, If he isnt on the top of his game all the while, the rest of the team are clearly worse. The point people are making is he could and should get the same time as KDB and Sterling but he doesnt, he doesnt even get the same time as Mahrez and lets face it Mahez is woeful most of the time. Just look at the minutes played. This lad isnt a squad player, he is a game changer and should be one of the first names on the team sheet every game. Just like KDB.

Lovely goal, from the angle behind the net you can see Foden, clearly giving the keeper the eyes towards the far post, and doesn't look near post until he's hit it, very intelligent play.
He has done that a few times, like the goal against Liverpool last season.

He is a premier level talent and our own. We all yearn for him to play and become world class but we should also remember that he is what he is now because of his talent, his effort and also the way he has been handled. Nobody should ever take their place as a given in a top club: it's what keeps people at it.

Lovely goal, from the angle behind the net you can see Foden, clearly giving the keeper the eyes towards the far post, and doesn't look near post until he's hit it, very intelligent play.
Too bad I can only give one like to this post. Very intelligent lad.

I remember when KDB first came to us he tended to run out of energy in the last 15 minutes in matches. Foden is similar. He loses his edge. Better energy management in matches and across a series of matches will come with experience. Pep is doing a great job of handling this. The future is very bright. Lovin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.