#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headline news on the bbc sport page...even though it wasnt done by Phil they are reporting it as
To be fair he needs to get rid of that social media team and tweet himself or not bother with the nonsense. He’s no Joe Hart.

What a fucking footballer the boy is though.

I was wrong about a lot early in the season but one thing I got right was that he's one of our best players. It was never potential, it was there from the first steps he took on the pitch as a senior player. That's what greatness is.

I said a year ago that Phil doesn't play regularly because Pep knows once he puts him in, one of the senior players won't get back in. And that is exactly what has transpired. Foden's talent is on another level to anything I've seen in my lifetime at City.

Nearest in terms of the pureness of it was Michael Johnson. In fact watching Bellingham last night reminded me of Johnson.

Expected at the start of the season that Foden would surpass Sancho in the next 2-3 years. Happy he has done it already this season.

Foden has trained with the best players around and learned from the best manager: things Sancho missed and will miss in his further development as a player. Foden's patience is paying off big time.

Everybody seems to be convinced that Sancho was right to leave City because of the success he has had at Dortmund. That's true if you look at it short-term. Fair play to him for his success. But his development may well stagnate precisely because of his unwillingness to learn from Silva, KDB, Aguero and Pep. Only time will tell, but it is crucial for young players to train with the best and learn from the best.

Sancho can be a great player without learning from Pep, same with Foden. But there's a difference between being a great player who is top 30 in the world and being a great player who is top 3 in the world. And the difference may boil down to patience and willingness to learn from the best.

Last edited:
I absolutely love this kid. I'd happily watch him shag my Missus.

I think he'll become our greatest ever player eclipsing Bell and Silva. Its clear he's now in peps best XI. Can he beat Giggs' 13 titles? I bloody hope so

Amongst the moments of brilliance,there was a challenge he made in the first half where he showed his increasing strength by knocking a Dortmund lad off the ball and regaining possession - for me,that was as lovely a thing as any of his tricks.His game is improving at an incredible rate,and soon he'll be the first name on the sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.