#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His name needs to be said in the same calibur as Haaland and co.

Destined to win the Balon D'or one day.

I think this bottom comment is spot on
Zidane is a good call. As he grows into himself, he’s looking more and more like he will be a tall, slender version.

That said, when he’s out on the left, he looks to me like what I thought Leroy Sané was going to be, until he thought “languid cool” was going to be the order of the day.

That shot against the post reminded me of the silkiness of Sané’s shot on the run against Liverpool that went in off, rather than out.

One thing I have noticed about Foden’s shot...he likes to ping it, rather than a full swing, big follow through...a little like hitting a pool ball below the center when you want it to spin back to you. That shooting style allows him minimal back lift and to take quick shots that not only fly, but catch keepers off guard.

Last edited:
Still got to improve his finishing but he’s now cemented that wide left position as his. He looks, at the moment, a natural wide forward.

His assist for Mahrez was a thing of beauty. Fell off my chair when Camel gob called him 'best player in the world'.

yeah I’ve been saying for a while that Zidane is the player he reminds me of most stylistically. The grace and effortless balance with the ball. But with the centre of gravity of Iniesta and much quicker and a greater goal threat than both.

I don’t say it lightly but has the tools to go on to be better than both. He is astonishingly gifted. The little scooped take on to beat a second player after managing to stay on his feet from an attempted foul half a second earlier, before then running through to set up a chance… there’s only one other person on the planet capable of that piece of skill.

yeah I’ve been saying for a while that Zidane is the player he reminds me of most stylistically. The grace and effortless balance with the ball. But with the centre of gravity of Iniesta and much quicker and a greater goal threat than both.

I don’t say it lightly but has the tools to go on to be better than both. He is astonishingly gifted. The little scooped take on to beat a second player after managing to stay on his feet from an attempted foul half a second earlier, before then running through to set up a chance… there’s only one other person on the planet capable of that piece of skill.
I’m glad you brought up that movement. The kinesthetic skill required to do that was bettered only by his speed of thought! If he could have taken that ball all the way, it would have been on a loop on YouTube in perpetuity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.