#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is becoming a weekly moan now, you can't play somebody that's not in electric form in different positions every week and expect them to find form, it's impossible. Fodens being asked to play 3 different positions a game! Get him in one position which has to be the left and let him find some form, whether that's from the start, or the bench which is probably justified right now.

This is becoming a weekly moan now, you can't play somebody that's not in electric form in different positions every week and expect them to find form, it's impossible. Fodens being asked to play 3 different positions a game! Get him in one position which has to be the left and let him find some form, whether that's from the start, or the bench which is probably justified right now.
Yes, agree. I thought he would have played there when Mahrez came on

I hope it's just a blip but I worry that with the hairstyles, eyebrow lines, tattoos, the big gold chains he wears on instagram - plus the mediocre football performances and rule breaking, he's going the way of, for example, James Maddison at Leicester.

Or, in short, another talented English footballer who get's sidetracked with off-field stuff.

He was improving year-on-year but that’s now stopped. He’s not kicked on this season. For some players that can be it for the rest of their careers, for others they get a second wind and move up the levels again after a short stagnation.

Who knows which one Foden will be?!

There have been games this season where he’s involved a lot but hasn’t been good, and at other times he’s simply not impactful enough because he’s not in the game.

I think others deserve the starting place in the team at the moment.

Think the club needs to get back to basics with him.

What's his best position right now? What are his responsibilities in any given match? How is his game expected to change and progress over the next couple of years? What does he need to be working on?

He's so talented and adaptable that we've just been using him wherever we've got a gap, but I think that isn't great for his development.

He's being asked to play a false nine , and it isnt his position but he is trying to make a fist of it and running his socks off , dont agree with most on here , he has scored some important goals recently and is making a contribution despite being asked to play a role totally alien to him.
He's 21 years old , and in the long run playing different positions will bring experience to his game , if we want a free flowing Foden tearing opponents apart then he needs to revert to the left wing were he did all the damage last season.
Blaming the player is bang out of order , Pep has asked him to adapt because we failed to get a natural striker , Foden's progress has been stunted because he has chosen to sacrifice his own game for the sake of the team , i think he deserves credit and all these f*ckers blaming hair styles and tattoos need to give their head a wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.