#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last sentence mate. You spent 5 mins correctly saying it wasnt his fault, then say bad press is following him about. He was on a family night out and 3 simpletons, grown men, mither and harass him, hardly his fault. He either never leaves the house or risks that. Cant be his fault for this ‘bad press’

But he keeps getting this bad press. Turning up to training pissed with Grealish, shagging birds in Iceland during lockdown, this incident last night. Like I said, he did the right thing in walking away, but you don’t see Gundo/Kev/Rodri getting in this sort of bother. I believe tolmie said there’s worries from City that he’s hanging around with the wrong crowd, I don’t know how true this is but I hope he doesn’t go down that path.

But he keeps getting this bad press. Turning up to training pissed with Grealish, shagging birds in Iceland during lockdown, this incident last night. Like I said, he did the right thing in walking away, but you don’t see Gundo/Kev/Rodri getting in this sort of bother. I believe tolmie said there’s worries from City that he’s hanging around with the wrong crowd, I don’t know how true this is but I hope he doesn’t go down that path.
But this bad press isnt his fault!

he has to be a bit smarter . It’s not a question of not going out at all but may be choosing better where to go To avoid this shit

boxing Tends to be male , pissed up blokes a lot of them on the sniff watching men fighting they tend to be pumped up 10 men Types.

there are opportunities to go out to local restaurants with your family you don’t need to put yourself in that position As a young high profile footballer , bearing in mind we have just lost at home and he didn’t have a blinder.

he could have invited a few pals round to watch it on the box (like I did !)

oh and stay well clear of jack grealish .

He should be able to go and enjoy entertainment without dirty anging dippers dropping his mum? Absolute scum.

It started with the scallies having a verbal pop, and it should and could have ended there.

Foden is in the public spotlight everyday, no matter where he is. He, and those around him have to protect his image, not invite
bad publicity.

Foden may not have been directly responsible, but those he shares his close life with were. Maybe he should rethink who he is seen in public with and how they might react to provocation.

I hope it's just a blip but I worry that with the hairstyles, eyebrow lines, tattoos, the big gold chains he wears on instagram - plus the mediocre football performances and rule breaking, he's going the way of, for example, James Maddison at Leicester.

Or, in short, another talented English footballer who get's sidetracked with off-field stuff.
I think we're at the point now where this is a fair worry. It's not isolated incidents anymore, there's a pattern of him getting into controversies that you don't see with most of our other players.

Don't think him being played up front half the time is helping his on-the-pitch performances either. A striker would be a big help with that.

To be fair, I also think we fell into the same trap many fanbases do when they get a great young English player- overhyping them before they've proven anything- except this time the media were getting in on it too. PFA YPotY and getting put in pundit's ToTS despite spending half the league campaign on the bench was ridiculous and can't have done him any favours. A foreign player probably wouldn't have got the same accolades.

It kind of doesn't matter whose fault it was. At a certain point you have to ask why some players are regularly getting their names in the paper for the wrong reasons and most don't. You'd never see stories like this about Fernandinho, Dias or Gundogan for example unless it was a freak isolated incident. Phil has to take responsibility for who he's surrounding himself with. That video definitely looks like his mum was looking for a scrap to me.

If you're a celebrity and you're going to go out frequently that's fine, but if you can't keep a low profile then you should probably stop. Just think how many players manage to go to clubs and venues without getting into trouble on the regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.