#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was able to do that because he was playing as a number 8. Not upfront against big centre backs chasing lost causes. We’ve got less talented players who can do that like Jesus.

Agreed. 90% of the time 'false nine' in our system actually means 'keep the centre-backs busy so our wingers have more space, and if you're lucky you might get a chance or two". It's essentially a sacrificial role.

Agreed. 90% of the time 'false nine' in our system actually means 'keep the centre-backs busy so our wingers have more space, and if you're lucky you might get a chance or two". It's essentially a sacrificial role.
yup. the only one I have seen play it and still be involved a lot and threatening is palmer.

we have a lot of players who can do an okay job but their talents are pretty much wasted as a false nine.

Shows his ability whenever he's unleashed in midfield - tenacity, energy, elegance, passing ability/range, box-to-box and the ability to shoot from range. I hope that's his final position eventually.

Shows his ability whenever he's unleashed in midfield - tenacity, energy, elegance, passing ability/range, box-to-box and the ability to shoot from range. I hope that's his final position eventually.
I wonder could Southgate play foden in central midfield. Southgate always talks about England needed another midfielder with the inventiveness of Gazza.

Well from what I have seen of foden. He could be another gazza for England if he was played in Central midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.