#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That lung busting run to our penalty area to deny them what looked like a nailed on goal in the first half was fantastic. Played like a fan
It was superb,and a part of his game i hope that remains.He does seem to be getting to grip with his defensive duties,something that don't come natural.....but as he is growing/developing are definitely improving.

Can we see a midfield of Foden Rodri Silva?

They'd never lose the ball and are agile and quick enough to cover any counters plus it means our most threating players would always be on the ball.

Grealish LW so he and Foden can link up.

Mahrez RW so he and Silva can link up.

We need a spark so maybe this would do it.

Can we see a midfield of Foden Rodri Silva?

They'd never lose the ball and are agile and quick enough to cover any counters plus it means our most threating players would always be on the ball.

Grealish LW so he and Foden can link up.

Mahrez RW so he and Silva can link up.

We need a spark so maybe this would do it.
Whenever I’ve seen Foden play CM for City & England youth teams, he’s always looked better playing a right sided CM, but maybe that’s because I’ve seen him play more there than a left sided CM?

Pretty certain he could play anywhere tho so no idea why I’ve just posted that :)

Reactions: JDV
Whenever I’ve seen Foden play CM for City & England youth teams, he’s always looked better playing a right sided CM, but maybe that’s because I’ve seen him play more there than a left sided CM?

Pretty certain he could play anywhere tho so no idea why I’ve just posted that :)
Think that would be his best position because like Bernado it suits a left footed dribbler better than on the left but he could play either side well. David played the majority of his career from the right but ended up left. He dribbled far less than Foden particularly late on in his career so it didn’t matter to him

Think that would be his best position because like Bernado it suits a left footed dribbler better than on the left but he could play either side well. David played the majority of his career from the right but ended up left. He dribbled far less than Foden particularly late on in his career so it didn’t matter to him
I think you’re right with lefties as they’ll protect the ball with their left cutting in, which both Bernardo & Phil are incredible at doing

Scary thing is, I think he’s got plenty more in his locker that we’ve not seen yet

Yeah that make sense.

I was thinking Foden at LCM mainly due to his link up with Grealish who plays LW. I think they would form a great connection on that left side with a lot of short one twos and through balls which can create problems for teams that park the bus.

Also we need to keep Bernardo at RCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.