#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Messi-esque slalom in there that deserved better than the finish. Quiet in the first half but took up the challenge in the 2nd half and helped pick the crowd up.
If he somehow gets to a level where he can consistently intertwine that level of skill with the more by-the-books Pep approach then he'll be something.

4 league titles at 21, YPOTS, nearly a goal contribution a game playing out of position and you can still see there's so much more to come from him

Well done Phil and hope we see another jump forward next year

I don't think that Cancelo&Foden is a good combination. They seem to lack of communication on defending, especially when shifting the defending responsibilities. Sometimes Foden has the vision of the danger on the bind side of Cancelo but either he does not remind him or Cancelo ignores the reminders. Cancelo has very little awareness of the danger behind no matter he plays left or right and the winger paired with him must be good at shouting at him. For example, it happened in the away game vs Southampton (goal conceded point drop), once in the away game vs Real Madrid (1st goal conceded) and again today for Cash's goal. Cancelo did not have the sight of Cash and only Foden could remind him at that moment.

I have a feeling that it might be better to have Foden on F9 to create more dynamic in the middle against a team like Villa to drag their defenders in and out, create overload here and there, deliver some beautiful long pass (not possible if hugging the touchline) than having Jesus in the middle for the overall performance of the team. I was crying to move Jesus on the right wing to deliver a cross behind - the space was there but not used until Sterling did it. Of course, it will be automatic solved next season with Haaland in the middle. And I wish Foden will take more time as an attacking midfielder rotating with KDB and Bernado next season to unblock our midfield future.

Pep to some extent has had the shackles on our wide players this season. Ball control has been prioritised. Hopefully with additions this summer, and the finishing of Haaland we can unleash the likes of Foden and Grealish and they can really kick on. Both will excel in drawing players in, gliding past and playing the ball into runners. That's what they both like to do.

4 league titles. YPOTY two times in a row. So much more to come from Phil. Living our dream.

Not a spectacular season for Phil but he learnt a lot about controlling the game which is what Pep wants him to learn and be able to do. Already a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.