#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The frightening thing is, as good as he is, Phil has got a hell of a lot that needs improving on.

Namely his shooting technique (shuts his eyes and moves his head away from the ball), shot selection choice (doesn’t always shoot at the right time or targeting the right place), and passing slightly behind or in front or to the wrong foot of his teammate (remember Gundo saying that a pass to a teammate’s wrong foot is a bad pass even though it’s a successful pass?).

If he does improve on the things, he’s going to be Balon D’Or level come his prime years.

I’d like to see Phil given a full season in the left forward position. Let him really gain experience and momentum there. He’s been shifted around a lot and hasn’t really learnt how to play in a particular position yet, but for me he looks at his best as a left forward.

If he plays 30+ games over the course of the season next season as a left forward, with improvements on his weaknesses, I think we’ll be talking of him being the Prem POTS, not just young.

The frightening thing is, as good as he is, Phil has got a hell of a lot that needs improving on.

Namely his shooting technique (shuts his eyes and moves his head away from the ball), shot selection choice (doesn’t always shoot at the right time or targeting the right place), and passing slightly behind or in front or to the wrong foot of his teammate (remember Gundo saying that a pass to a teammate’s wrong foot is a bad pass even though it’s a successful pass?).

If he does improve on the things, he’s going to be Balon D’Or level come his prime years.

I’d like to see Phil given a full season in the left forward position. Let him really gain experience and momentum there. He’s been shifted around a lot and hasn’t really learnt how to play in a particular position yet, but for me he looks at his best as a left forward.

If he plays 30+ games over the course of the season next season as a left forward, with improvements on his weaknesses, I think we’ll be talking of him being the Prem POTS, not just young.
young haaland will win both, someone scoring 80 goals in the prem alone in one season :)

Course I'm happy for him cos he's ours, but as others have said, he's been in and out of form all season.

I think next year could potentially be a worldie for Phil (Jack too), hard to get assists when you don't have a clinical goalscorer to pass to.

It's hilarious the amount of scousers crying about this normal for them. Let's hope they're crying more tears tomorrow and next weekend

Those of you saying he’s not had his best season have simply become accustomed to him being absolute class pretty much every game.

The man is absolutely unbelievable. Football brain beyond words, incredible balance, ridiculous touch and world class technique.

He’ll win the Balon D’or at some point imo.

Fucking outstanding footballer.

Phil is a deserving winner, but this is a weird award. I think the American sports actually get this kind of thing correct by having a 'Rookie of the Year' award. You can only win it once, in your first real season. Phil is basically a grizzled veteran now with about 100 Premier League appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.