47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rewatching some of his highlights yesterday and it struck me how many of the opportunities he creates come from left midfield or playing off triangles on the right.. Can't wait to see him back in the side. I just hope it isn't with him stitched the left wing

He has a foot injury.
Pfft, just a foot injury?

TELEMMGLPICT000299009750_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq69fD36Z3CN_HTLdFKJRGX72qg64PwfpWTVsk1bt9MkQ.jpeg

I've seen it said on here numerous times but I've yet to have seen any real evidence on the pitch that Phil and/or Jack can't play inside for City. In fact, I've always seen the opposite. Personally, I think it's a load of BS. Pep plays them wide because KDB and Gundo can only play inside. If he moved Foden and Grealish both inside who would be left out wide beside Mahrez? I'll say this, if Foden were given the opportunity and role Odegaard has been given at Arsenal he would be every bit as effective, if not more so. Could the rumblings about some discord between Pep and Phil be about Foden not getting a fair chance to play inside while watching the continued uneven and declining play from KDB and Gundogan? While still 22 he's now a veteran of quite some importance who continues to be somewhat undervalued by the manager IMO. Does any City supporter actually believe we aren't suffering quite a bit by the absence of a happy and in form Foden? I miss him terribly and no one can convince me City doesn't as well.

This lad has enough talent to win multiple balon d'ors. I just hope he switches gears soon.

Don't think that's gonna happen. For Ballon D'ors you need stats and achievements and a corrupt press corps.

He might get 2 of the 3 but until that shady press corps gets on City's side, its not happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.