47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that he could have a shot himself there. It is different situation when he is on the left - then his does not have the big angle. But today it is really a chance that he can take. Or just pass it early bit.

Another chance is the one when he cut in and did not slot the ball to Gundo but choose to shot. It resulted a bounce off Navas and Halaand missed the chance twice. But I still think that slot the ball in first it would be a better chance.

Anyway I will not question Foden too much for decision making when the player only returns from an injury. It is more on Pep why not using subs a bit early on. I would say 60min is the max for anyone coming back from injury.

I think the issue is that he did it at home to Bournemouth too so has history for it. He’s ran 50 yards so more than enough time to sort himself out. It was just shite unfortunately.

I think the issue is that he did it at home to Bournemouth too so has history for it. He’s ran 50 yards so more than enough time to sort himself out. It was just shite unfortunately.
The difference is that vs Bournemouth he was on the left side of Halaand. His shooting angle was tight because he is left footed.

But today he is right side of Halaand. He has the angle to have a shot but like you say he panic last minute and did not pass well.

Anyway not his night.

Tried hard. Lacked the final touch. Fucked up the EASIEST chance to make it 2-0 by doing what ANY footballer would do and pass the ball across. I thought haaland would be the making of next level foden - and that would have been scary - however, it's not worked out that way yet.

I thought he played really well..

May be unpopular but all that 'doesn't pass to Haaland' talk looked to be in his head on that sequence. He's a goal scorer and we should all be fine with him taking a shot there. He's earned that right. Some of the comments about him in the PGT are comical..

May be unpopular but all that 'doesn't pass to Haaland' talk looked to be in his head on that sequence. He's a goal scorer and we should all be fine with him taking a shot there. He's earned that right. Some of the comments about him in the PGT are comical..
He didn't take the shot. He didn't do anything. Just play the right pass. If that was anywhere else on the pitch every single one of our players would have passed it sideways. That's what we fucking do.

We'd all have been fine if he had taken the shot. The issue is he didn't shoot or pass

More like the Phil Foden we know , he was taking on defenders a shame he didnt chose to shoot but like a few of our players , if Haaland is in the vicinity they try to play him in , not always the best choice , would rather see six players sharing sixty goals , than one player scoring sixty , it means we have more options.

Tried hard. Lacked the final touch. Fucked up the EASIEST chance to make it 2-0 by doing what ANY footballer would do and pass the ball across. I thought haaland would be the making of next level foden - and that would have been scary - however, it's not worked out that way yet.

Gundogan chose to shoot last week against Villa when he could have played a simple square ball to Haaland so clearly not every footballer would have done the same

Phil was everything we needed when playing Mahrez and Grealish. Winning 1on1 and creating. Loved him there with KdB.

Chances missed. Let’s move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.