47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Phil was leading our attack in 20/21 when we were most vulnerable and needed someone to step up..

So since then I never had any doubts about him as he established himself as the world-class player in that season..

In 21/22 and 22/23 Pep was experimenting on him a lot and trying to improve him more, rather than give stable position like in 20/21 as a LW and utilise like a senior player.

So People somehow forgot how good he was and what he could do, how he could lead our attack week in & week out..

And that experiments helped him a lot. Like Pep says he can play 5 positions and wherever you play him, he delivers, so he is one of the biggest assets of the club for the next 15 years.

Doesn't matter which manager comes, which tactic he will use - Phill will be the central figure.
Unless that manager is gareth southgate

All 3 goals were made to look a lot easier than they actually were. He has everything including an unparalleled footballing education and is very likely to end up England most decorated player ever. Pep has hinted a few times that it is all down to attitude/mentality how far he goes.

I’m not going to compare him to Messi but it is almost what he needs to do himself because he could end up somewhere between Englands most decorated player and Messi and how close he gets is down to him.

I was worried when Gundo left as to where the regular goals would come from but Phil has put that to bed now. Biggest compliment is that we don’t miss Gundo and he was a vital big game player for us.

Unreal that he has gone up to this level.

Foden is having an exceptional season and he is more clinical in front of goal this term. His impressive stats of 14 goals in all competitions so far this season is testament to that. He looks more calm in front of goal when perhaps previously he has sometimes snatched at chances.

25 goals is a possible return now and that is remarkable.

For the record, David's record is 12 goals and Gundo's record is 17 goals (as a false 9 mostly). I get that Foden is a more attacking player, but if you add his 9 assists so far things are starting to look fantastic. Sky is the limit.

Foden is having an exceptional season and he is more clinical in front of goal this term. His impressive stats of 14 goals in all competitions so far this season is testament to that. He looks more calm in front of goal when perhaps previously he has sometimes snatched at chances.
I don't agree he looks more calm now.

Away at Newport in the fa cup tie,years ago.. he calmly waltzed thru their defence to score two goals on a mud bath of a pitch

His first league cup goal Away at Oxford..from the left he calmly drilled the ball into the far corner. Liverpool away at Anfield cutting in from the right hand side past Andy Robertson before smashing the ball home with aplomb
Young England tournament ,years ago.. when he cleverly dribbled past 6 players,made the keeper sit down,before calmly slotting the ball home...

Foden has always had the drive and ability to score goals imo....missed chances happen to every player ,Inc Haaland.
That's football.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.