47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played in his best position for 45 minutes, that 45 minutes saw England play the best football they'd play all tournament, I don't think that was a coincidence tbh

He also nearly scored a worldie like the Spanish kid the day before, I'd class that as a threat as was hitting the post in another game, of course, nearly isn't scoring but it was a threat which is what you said he was not.

Despite not playing his best, he ran his legs off for England and never stopped trying.

However, I'm unsure how Bellingham's overhead kick saved England in the first two games.

You also don't sound like much of a City fan either tbh.

ps is this also you in the Bellingham thread, attacking him?

Strange world.
Well said.

I don’t think he had a stinker by any stretch. That’s me being honest. You thinking I’m not being honest is on you by using terms such as ‘stinker’ and expecting others to agree with it.

He was disappointing as were all the forward based players in the main.
That’s not a coincidence.
I think your correct. Foden did so much off the ball work,closing players down on Southgate instruction, he played his part in the team getting to the final. As well as managing to look the most gifted forward attacking player in short cameos, I'd say he did what the manager asked him to do,and no way can that be described as a stinker of a tournament.

When England won the world cup in 1966( we are 4 days away from the anniversary) A certain Alan Ball worked industriously throughout the tournament ,covering every blade of grass in the final itself ,can't recall any goals or assists but was widely regarded as one of the finest midfield players in the country before and certainly after the tournament. Football is a team game and Fodens team mates will have appreciated fully the work he did on the pitch ,in line with the managers instruction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.