47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

He seems to be making this passes now of late. The super vision passes. The Haaland assist vs Wolves. Now the Doku pass. The boy is immense!
He has always had the ability to play these passes. It's just where he selected to play .. Ive seen him do some audacious passes for England from centre mid, when he was effectively playing on the wing for City. That has always been part of his game,imo.

The most outrageous pass this season ...had to be , Bournemouth away..soon after kick-off, Ederson belted a high ball to him, and without seeming to look,on the run,played Haaland in on goal with a ridiculous deft touch with his weaker right foot..showing no strain or pressure,it ripped the home teams defence wide open, in the blink of an eye...if only Haaland had scored that one ! I think had was genuinely, taken aback by the quality of the pass....It was,a thing of beauty.

With Doku on the pitch roaming wide, it's good to know that on the counter , we have that in our locker......It will rip defences apart.

Top notch football.

Last edited:
His second half was phenomenal. Genuinely. Calmed us down when needed but also stepped up the pace and had a hand in both goals. What a fuckin’ player!
That is the precise ability that he has learned off David Silva, in my opinion.controlling the pace of the game.
I always go back to the Newport County match away in the FA Cup,, where Silva absolutely ran the game, dictating tempo superbly, taking the sting out of the home oppennent. When Silva decided it was time to attack..Foden stepped up. ..scoring two goals,advancing from deep posistions in centre mid ,taking the headlines with supreme ball control,balance and dribbling on a difficult muddy pitch...
But it was Silva who ran the game for us that afternoon.
Now Phil is dictating tempo...brilliant.

You can see his growing influence now.

He is ready to step up and take over the mantle from Kev.

So much learning from silva, Gundo, Kev on how to control and take games away from our opponents.

He is getting better and better. Genuinely a world class player ready to take the throne.

Love him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.