47 | Phil Foden - 2024/25

Every game for England worse than the previous one. Tonight marks 0/10, literally did nothing. Nobody on England bench, including him, doesn't have any clue how and where he is supposed to play. I just hope he comes back injury or any niggles free and he ll be ok with Pep.

do you guys think the return of Gündoğan is a negative impact on his performance? maybe too early to say

The issue is he’s not doing much when he does receive the ball and a lot of the time for England, he’s in a spot where he can’t receive it, so they stop looking for him.

Think him and Bellingham are an either or now and unfortunately for Foden, Bellingham has had a lot more moments for England than he has.

I don’t think that’s a bad thing for Foden though. Bring him on as a sub for Bellingham or when he’s not playing and he’ll play a lot better. That and just starting Bellingham will make people realise his overall play isn’t really that good.
Players don't pass when he's in space I do think there's a jealously angle with some. I'd fuck Bellingham right off out of the squad same with taa and saka if you want to be individuals then stay at home also throw kane into that.

Phil has spent his entire professional career at one club under 1 manager. A manager who prioritizes the team over the individual.

This is maybe the problem.

I do think at some point Phil has to shoulder some of the responsibility/blame for his performances, I know he’s playing in a team which is practically the opposite of what he’s used to but by now you’d have hoped he’d have realised & adapted his game to be more demanding/even greedy on the ball for England.

A safe pass to Bellingham or Saka and he aint likely to get it back!

England players are judged on moments. You can be shite for 90 minutes but get a goal and you've played well. The players know it and they chase the moments. Phil plays for the team, tries to find pockets, tries to create space for others. But that's not good enough for the fans. When you have Palmer and Bellingham trying to get their moment you tend to be wasted.

Equally, he has to realise he's not playing for Pep. He's had one manager and the same style for a long long time now. He has to step up and do more in an England shirt. He played a horrific through ball to Watkins when we were on the counter last night. Just booted it to the keeper. That's not putting your hand up to get the ball again in those situations.

I feel for him because he's not been given that number 10 role or the ability to be the star in a system that suits him. But he's not going to be starting for England unless he performs better when he's on the pitch.

Ultimately, I don't care outside of the major tournaments. A good run out for him when he returns to us.

I think the hate he got at the euros was massively overstated but he was truly anonymous last night.

Every other attacking player tries to dribble with the ball and he just lays it off backwards to then not get another touch for 10 minutes.

He either needs to be much more greedy or just make himself unavailable for England as it's doing his reputation no good at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.