47 | Phil Foden - 2024/25

Bellingham palmer rice TAA all won't pass to foden ven saka seems disinterested in passing to foden especially when he's in space or dangerous areas. People might call foden a system player but it doesn't help playing with individuals that are only intrested in themselves not the team and definitely not a player who could challenge them for top individual awards.
I’ve been saying the same about people not passing to Foden at City:

Post in thread 'Match Thread | Slovan Bratislava vs. Man City (01/10/24)'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...ava-vs-man-city-01-10-24.366059/post-17550102

Post in thread 'Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/fulham-h-pl-post-match-thread.366108/post-17560228

And it’s not a recent thing at City either, I’ve noticed it for a long time to be honest. He’s always on the move and finds space to receive the pass, and the hit rate must be 1:30 for the amount of times he receives the pass to the amount of times he finds the space.

Much to the annoyance of people around me at City (I do it that much), I’m always shouting stuff like, ‘WILL SOMEBODY FUCKING PASS TO FODEN’ or ‘FODEN’S ON, FODEN’S STILL ON, YEAH HE’S STILL FUCKING ON’ when they’re dilly dallying half itching to go backwards when Foden’s free, or I’ll give an ironic cheer when the pass is made.

Last edited:
Phil for England turns into a bit of a Grealish, everything is safe.

I've long since said he needs to develop an aura and belief that he's the best player on the pitch and he should be on the ball as much as possible. He finally started to do that last season more out of neccesity with the injuries we had and won player of the year off the back of it.

He's never done that for England, Bellingham has that belief and even Cole palmer is showing it but Phil's still trying to be a team player first and foremost. He's the most talented player on the pitch for us and England, he needs to act like it and run games.
It looks like he’s playing safe because there’s absolutely 0 movement ahead of him.

Can you ever imagine him going 15 games without a goal or assist while playing for us?

I’ve been saying the same about people not passing to Foden at City:

Post in thread 'Match Thread | Slovan Bratislava vs. Man City (01/10/24)'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...ava-vs-man-city-01-10-24.366059/post-17550102

Post in thread 'Fulham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread'
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/fulham-h-pl-post-match-thread.366108/post-17560228

And it’s not a recent thing at City either, I’ve noticed it for a long time to be honest. He’s always on the move and finds space to receive the pass, and the hit rate must be 1:30 for the amount of times he receives the pass to the amount of times he finds the space.

Much to the annoyance of people around me at City (I do it that much), I’m always shouting stuff like, ‘WILL SOMEBODY FUCKING PASS TO FODEN’ or ‘FODEN’S ON, FODEN’S STILL ON, YEAH HE’S STILL FUCKING ON’ when they’re dilly dallying half itching to go backwards when Foden’s free, or I’ll give an ironic cheer when the pass is made.

He needs to adapt his game - when Rodri is in the team you can stay in the pocket and he will be found. When it's Kovacic or Declan Rice, you will not be found often. He can't be a player that is stuck in the pockets, he has to drop deep and be the one that's finding players.

I’m just listening to Friday night football on BBC 5Live. The whole panel agreed Foden is the weakest link in the England team.

It’s hard to argue. I’m not a big England fan, and don’t see a lot of their games, but I’m struggling to remember a single game where I was impressed with his performance.

He needs to adapt his game - when Rodri is in the team you can stay in the pocket and he will be found. When it's Kovacic or Declan Rice, you will not be found often. He can't be a player that is stuck in the pockets, he has to drop deep and be the one that's finding players.

Good points. Rice is a big problem trying to outdo Bellingham for selfish indiscipline all over the pitch - helping make Englands defense look weak and attack toothless.

Against Greece he had Foden 15 yards straight ahead in space between the lines. Instead of passing he carries the ball forward causing Phil to have to move aside to stop being run into by which time the Greeks had closed down passing options and the ball was lost in the congestion. Very Stevie G.

Pep nailed it saying that Foden needs to sometimes hold the ball and play slower. However he plays a different game to most of his England team mates who do not have the same concept of space and movement, let alone skill set, yet play for themselves like at a schoolboy trial. They avoid passing to Foden as it looks too easy so doesnt make them look good. Better they pass to their mates or how they play for their club.

Unlike them, Phil has won loads of trophies for a reason. However he does need to adapt his game, become more assertive on the pitch to control games and make more personal impact.

I’m just listening to Friday night football on BBC 5Live. The whole panel agreed Foden is the weakest link in the England team.

It’s hard to argue. I’m not a big England fan, and don’t see a lot of their games, but I’m struggling to remember a single game where I was impressed with his performance.
I know Phils not been great for England but those cretins in the media would have put Phil as player of the tournament last summer was it not for a few inches (insert your own joke), he hit the post twice & had one cleared off the line, if those go in he is the best thing since sliced bread, because they didnt go in he is shit, as I say most of the football media are clueless cretins. (just my opinion :-)

Some players are simply great club players but never shine in the International shirt, at this time Foden is looking that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.