5 academy kids in the team last night

Especially the precise number of days since they last didn't field an academy player. Twat!
PS - I don't believe that stat for a second. I'm sure some on here have proved it to be an urban myth.
Sick and tired of commentary teams throwing in Rag references during our games.
There is an element of doubt in this claim, as it includes John O'Shea who signed for United as a professional in 1998. However, I think they then put him into their academy. However, he signed as pro footballer. If this is the case then the claim is dubious.

Lets look at the Rags champions league trophies.
  • Benfica - Eusebio clean through shoots straight at Stepney, game went to extra time.
  • Bayern - The Germans coasting to victory make substitutes because of an upcoming vtal league match -idiots.
  • Chelsea - John Terry slips whilst taking his penalty.
One win on penalties, one win in extra time, one win in injury time. All outstanding performances with the Rags in total control - DO ME A FAVOUR.

What was even worse for me was

. Benfica - Eusebio starts clapping and backslapping Stepney as if Stepney had made a great save. Eusebio made a right cock up
. Bayern - completely shit themselves, similar to us in the Madrid semi final 2 seasons ago. The rags had given up completely
. Chelsea - John Terry's wasn't the final penalty. The shootout carried on and the final penalty was missed by one of our own, someone who I had full confidence in, Nicolas Anelka.

Last edited:
Notice the complete lack of media coverage on this, if it was the Rags there would already be a Slimy Stone article on the youth set up but not surprising as our accomplishments at youth level are largely ignored

That 4,364 games stat is so distorted though. It's suggests they have a prodcution line of Academy players coming through season after season. All they had was a fluke in 1992 where 5 or 6 quality players came through in the same season, and some stayed their whole careers. Now, they just stick any old academy player on the bench, so they can keep it going. If it was 4.364 games since they had 5 academy players in the starting 11, then I'd be impressed.
I don't have time to check that statistic but I am pretty sure it is bollocks. The claim is they have always had at least one youth-developed player in their "matchday squad" ie broader than just the bench. I am certain this would apply to the vast majority of clubs in this country and certainly to those in lower divisons. It is just another media distortion.

But but but.. You've got to be proud of Manure too..why? Because that daft bastard on tnt said so! All night, Ushited this Ushited that from the pair of em! I can't recall City getting mentioned once the night before when them bastards were playing(although I did turn it off after an hour). But back to the kids, fuckin awesome! Bobb is going to be some player, heir to Jack? Maybe a bit early to shout young Mica from the rooftops, but that performance and goal had seasoned professional all-over it so I'm very confident we've got another great player waiting in the wings. Rico was back to his best too. Probably not enough game time to judge the other kid who came on but he didn't look out of place. Proud of em. Edit. Ortega played very well too, two excellent saves and passing was excellent.
I read some praise of the rags youth set up and wondered who they have produced since 1992. Fletcher? Rashford. Hmmm…
Shaw?

tbf the rags and dippers are their bread and butter, theyve been on free joly ups and getting paid for years to feed the idiots everything they want to hear and this is basically showing their whole profession is nothing more than a paid sham its no surprise they hate us.
I really don’t care about the hatred. Gives us a “circle the wagons“ motivation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.