#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southgate hardly fills me with hope.....but he should 100% be in the starting 11 for his country.At the 2018 WC he was our best player.

I know what you mean about Southgate but if John gets a run and carries on this weeks performances he will make the decision himself. As you say he was outstanding in Russia and really should have pushed on from there. Thats not how it turned out for various reasons but who knows those set backs he has faced could yet prove to be blessings and the making of him.

I know what you mean about Southgate but if John gets a run and carries on this weeks performances he will make the decision himself. As you say he was outstanding in Russia and really should have pushed on from there. Thats not how it turned out for various reasons but who knows those set backs he has faced could yet prove to be blessings and the making of him.
What doesnt kill us.....

A lot of premature congratulation on here. We've seen him play like this before against inferior opposition . He did well today and it will do him good .Until Diaz went off and Burnley pushed up he had nothing to do except an easy pass to a City player then scuttle backwards. He did better in the last 10 , he's a long way from being up against fast strong attackers.

A lot of premature congratulation on here. We've seen him play like this before against inferior opposition . He did well today and it will do him good .Until Diaz went off and Burnley pushed up he had nothing to do except an easy pass to a City player then scuttle backwards. He did better in the last 10 , he's a long way from being up against fast strong attackers.
So a very good game then?

I got pelters on here in summer for sticking up for John and saying if he could regain form and fitness we didn’t need a new centre back. Maybe I was wrong on that front as Dias looks class and these 2 could be our number one pairing if John plays like that .

Laporte has been iffy since his injury last year.

glad John is starting to prove a lot of people wrong

I got pelters on here in summer for sticking up for John and saying if he could regain form and fitness we didn’t need a new centre back. Maybe I was wrong on that front as Dias looks class and these 2 could be our number one pairing if John plays like that .

Laporte has been iffy since his injury last year.

glad John is starting to prove a lot of people wrong
hes had two good games against very bad teams but credit where credit is due he's looking good maybe theres hope for him if he can stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.