#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had a great game overall. He won everything in the air first half and generally looked quite calm throughout the game.

First half looked solid and composed, couple of times at the start of second half he switched off and let players run in behind me and drift off him. Can‘t afford those times when he switches off against the best as we’ll get punished.

However, first game benefit of the doubt, he did do a lot of things to like tonight. Always good on the ball, anticipated balls into the front man well on occasions. He hasn’t played much at all so would like to judge him after half a dozen starts or so.

Too many on here just look at the final result and base their opinion on a player, on whether we have won or lost. We won, so Stones was great. Some better finishing from Wolves and Stones would have been absolute dog shit.
Spot on mate.
I could not have described it better. In the first half, which was his better, he made 2 mistakes that almost led to a goal. Second half was just awful, our luck is that Wolves did not take advantage of the opportunities. A better team will take advantage of that for sure. People look at his accuracy percentage and think or try to convince themselves he played well. I can also pass to the goalkeeper or to the second CB with 90% accuracy. I hope we won't use Stones too much this year

Really no reason to come in this thread any more, aside from removing OTT abuse of Stones and issuing thread bans on occasion.

It’s just 90% “he was ****” posted by the same blues that will always hate him, often 25 minutes before the final whistle, regardless of the match result or his performance.

Makes the Jesus performance thread look cordial and supportive.

Spot on mate.
I could not have described it better. In the first half, which was his better, he made 2 mistakes that almost led to a goal. Second half was just awful, our luck is that Wolves did not take advantage of the opportunities. A better team will take advantage of that for sure. People look at his accuracy percentage and think or try to convince themselves he played well. I can also pass to the goalkeeper or to the second CB with 90% accuracy. I hope we won't use Stones too much this year

I doubt he will play much. Once we buy a CB which we will surely do, he will be cover. He is clearly not at the top of Peps thoughts as was overlooked so often last season.

Really no reason to come in this thread any more, aside from removing OTT abuse of Stones and issuing thread bans on occasion.

It’s just 90% “he was ****” posted by the same blues that will always hate him, often 25 minutes before the final whistle, regardless of the match result or his performance.

People are simply pointing out that he had a really good 1st half, when he had no defending to do but then as soon as he was asked to do the main job of a centre back, he was yet again found wanting. Most of the OTT stuff come from those who insist he was great, solely on the basis of the match result.

People are simply pointing out that he had a really good 1st half, when he had no defending to do but then as soon as he was asked to do the main job of a centre back, he was yet again found wanting. Most of the OTT stuff come from those who insist he was great, solely on the basis of the match result.
Mate, 50% of the Stones 19/20 thread was just you saying he was useless and shouting other abuse (of Stones and other blues defending him), some of it so OTT it had to be removed, so it’s a bit ironic you are the first to respond to my post.

But cheers for making my point for me.

Not a bad performance, but a not great one, however, John has hardly played any football in months so he’s not going to be at his best, like a lot of the players out there tonight.

I still maintain if there’s a club willing to put in a decent offer before the end of the window and we have signed another CB, I would still sell him.

Though there is certainly some merit in keeping him around as a backup and he would be a decent option to call upon. I just don’t think it’s necessarily best for Stones himself and felt like a move this summer would be best for all parties. I won’t be upset if he ends up staying though, the club just need to be wary of his contract situation with him entering his final 18 months.

Had a decent game tonight, albeit was caught ball watching in the second half. He needs a run of games, but I don’t think he will get that at City under Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.