5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t see John Stones on the training video. Is he injured?

He's in the video, you can see him having a drink in a group shot near the end. Also posted a few photos last night on Instagram.

He's in the video, you can see him having a drink in a group shot near the end. Also posted a few photos last night on Instagram.
Thank you @Rosecoffeecup i admit I was watching on my iPhone which doesn’t have a large screen! I forget most of the time that I also have an Instagram account until Instagram send me an email reminding me!!

Shows my expertise. :-) :-)

Thanks again, I’d be devastated if he was injured. Let’s hope he plays on Sunday.

He’s our best centre back in my opinion. Makes Dias play better
Yeah, the improvement in him has really surprised me. Plays great alongside either Laporte or Dias. Just needs a decent run without injury at the moment. Is he injured now or was he on the bench on Saturday?

Has he started a game since he signed that mega new contract?

Has he started a game since he signed that mega new contract?
I've said it before but he's certainly had an easy ride at City considered how injured/inconsistent he's been at times. Pep has always backed him to the press on numerous occasions and I'm sure with him missing preseason because he's scared of a shot has made Pep want to do him no more favors anymore.

Last edited:
Signed the contract beginning of last season.

Came back from the Euros late and Dias and Laporte had already nailed down the starting spots. Had a series of niggly injuries. Looked good whenever he played last season but was forced to play right back more often than he usually would due to our limited fullback options, so was never able to really make his case for starting in the middle.

Didn't go on the pre-season tour this summer due to vaccination status and missed his chance to stake a claim on a starting position before the season started. Was absent when Dias and Ake were getting game time together.

Needs to stay fit, impress in training and take his chance when it comes to him.

Maybe the comments are right about him not starting because of not being on pre season tour, but he was fit and both Foden and Gundo started against West ham. Right now it looks like he is 2nd choice rcb, they must be regretting that new contract at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.