5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the comments are right about him not starting because of not being on pre season tour, but he was fit and both Foden and Gundo started against West ham. Right now it looks like he is 2nd choice rcb, they must be regretting that new contract at the moment.
John Boy will be back. We will never regret giving him a new contract thank you very much!!! :-)

I hope you are both right as I think the best partnership at the club is Stones - Dias. It just looks currently like they offered him 250k a week then Pep decided he needs a right foot left foot combination at cb. Which has left him fighting Dias for his place.

Far superior Player to Ake and when fit should be starting .

He is in certain areas of his game. Where I like Ake is his pace to cover situations, which Stones doesn't have to the same degree. On the ball and generally Stones is better, but Ake really stepped up last season and now is a player I'm more than happy to see on the team sheet. Good "problem" to have.

Maybe the comments are right about him not starting because of not being on pre season tour, but he was fit and both Foden and Gundo started against West ham. Right now it looks like he is 2nd choice rcb, they must be regretting that new contract at the moment.
Possibly because of his injury issues but when he’s played he has been pure class and i was a big critic of his in first 3 seasons. Not going pre season hasn’t effected Foden but then again he adds more to any side. Suppose Pep being fair to Ake but ironically Dias’s best form for us was on the left alongside Stones. He’ll get his chance and hopefully can stay fit for a good while once he does.

When fit, he'd be the first starting centre back if it was my choice. Which it's not.

I agree - he’s on the same level as Ferdinand and Terry, but will never be regarded as highly because he’s constantly making way to accommodate egos. Rotating £50m centrebacks sums up the state of the modern gam£££.

John Stones is night and day a better player in every aspect of the game compared with Ake.

Stones after a difficult period had matured on and off the field and has become a leader, his only issue is keeping fit and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.