5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a conversation to be had re KDB too. He had no space to work with today though.
I don't want to say what I really think of Kevin's performance today because I might offend some fellow blues. He was awful. By far the worse City player on the pitch.

I don't want to say what I really think of Kevin's performance today because I might offend some fellow blues. He was awful. By far the worse City player on the pitch.
It’s not the night for mega opinions because we’re all raw. Some can take criticism better than others. Bad games happen to all players.

Purely from an age point of view, Walker, KDB and Stones all will need to be replaced soonish.

It’s not the night for mega opinions because we’re all raw. Some can take criticism better than others. Bad games happen to all players.

Purely from an age point of view, Walker, KDB and Stones all will need to be replaced soonish.
We'll see. Like you say the result is raw. Pep won't be as knee jerk as we are at the moment.

From one of our most consistent performers in recent years, that was terrible from him. He shouldn't have been in the same postcode as the stadium, never mind on the pitch. To be fair, though, he wasn't the only one.

Sorry @Eccles Blue. I know it doesn't make pretty reading for you. But, unfortunately, it's true.
@jimharri I did post at half time saying something along the lines of ‘I never ever thought I’d say this but get John Boy off the pitch’ so I do understand.

I do try and be fair or pragmatic when it really matters and today it mattered.
It didn’t stop me voting him MOTM as you probably noticed. :-)
It WAS the last match of the season and I felt overall he deserved it. :-)

Boulders is 29 and for a Centre half should be coming into his prime.
Lad needs a break as his accumulated injuries seem to be catching up with him - but that's not the way football is going, and I don't see the waistcoat doing anything other than hammering him over the summer

Lad needs a break as his accumulated injuries seem to be catching up with him - but that's not the way football is going, and I don't see the waistcoat doing anything other than hammering him over the summer
Yeah, perhaps a little ageist with John, but combined with injuries, it has to be a factor in squad makeup.

Wasted Waistcoat needs to retire or at least give up the England job instead of overplaying certain players when they are recovering from injury. He can be very stupid at times (Wasted Waistcoat not JB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.