5 | John Stones - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can nurse him through some game time on Wednesday then it would be very tempting to get him in against Arsenal. With Rodri missing he would solve the problem, stepping into midfield to help us create and deal with the counter. It's a huge risk for one game though, considering his injury problems. I feel like rushing him back isn't a good idea, based on how often he seems to break down again when it's happened before.

Weekend is extremely important. I'd risk him at 80% personally.

It will always be a risk playing him in one of these intensive match against Leipzig and Arsenal after coming from injury so i prefer him coming back after international games.
Given the run of games in October/November , I feel like there are no “ease into games” (except maybe Young Boys?).

It will always be a risk playing him in one of these intensive match against Leipzig and Arsenal after coming from injury so i prefer him coming back after international games.
He usually come back from waistcoat injured , he should sit out the international bollocks this time round and keep to his own training plan for us

Weekend is extremely important. I'd risk him at 80% personally.

Give him 10 minutes against Leipzig. Flog him for as long as it takes to be 3-0 up and comfortable on Sunday, then wrap him up until the Brighton game - we want him to pick up a fake niggle just so waistcoat keeps his mitts off him. England play Australia in a friendly and then Italy in a qualifier and Southgate will 100% pick Stones regardless of his wellbeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.