5 worst refereeing decisions against city

laserblue

we'll all have our own memories but here are mine.

1) 1995-96 - alan wilkie awarded the rags a penalty just before half time in the fa cup game at the swamp when there was simply no foul. city were winning 1-0 at the time but ended up losing 1-2. the decision was so bad that roy keane thought the foul had been given against the rags and on motd hansen called it "a disgraceful decision".

2) 1980-81 - alf grey disallowed kevin reeves's goal in the opening minutes of the league cup semi at anfield for absolutely no reason. (deja vu this season with dowd's shite penalty decisions).

3) 2000-01 - danny tiatto scored the goal of the season at middlesbrough, running solo with the ball from his own half but the ref disallowed it for offside. (this is still a major wtf? moment for me).

4) circa 1973/74 - at highbury francis lee (iirc) thundered a great shot towards the top corner but arsenal defender jeff blockley launched himself at the ball and fisted it over the bar. with no other player obscuring the view everyone in the ground could see it was a blatant penalty (although not a red card offence at the time) but despite city's protests the ref gave a corner.

5) 2001-02 - against west brom richard edghill raced into the penalty area and - most unusually for him - was in a good scoring position until he was brutally scythed down. this was a clear penalty but the ref gave him a second yellow for 'diving' and off he went.

5 worst refeering decisions against city

I remember years ago at arsenal the ball got punch off the line I think by oleary everybody on the planet saw it except the numptie in the black, someone will remember the year on here think it was about 77

laserblue said:
we'll all have our own memories but here are mine.

1) 1995-96 - alan wilkie awarded the rags a penalty just before half time in the fa cup game at the swamp when there was simply no foul. city were winning 1-0 at the time but ended up losing 1-2. the decision was so bad that roy keane thought the foul had been given against the rags and on motd hansen called it "a disgraceful decision".

2) 1980-81 - alf grey disallowed kevin reeves's goal in the opening minutes of the league cup semi at anfield for absolutely no reason. (deja vu this season with dowd's shite penalty decisions).

3) 2000-01 - danny tiatto scored the goal of the season at middlesbrough, running solo with the ball from his own half but the ref disallowed it for offside. (this is still a major wtf? moment for me).

4) circa 1973/74 - at highbury francis lee (iirc) thundered a great shot towards the top corner but arsenal defender jeff blockley launched himself at the ball and fisted it over the bar. with no other player obscuring the view everyone in the ground could see it was a blatant penalty (although not a red card offence at the time) but despite city's protests the ref gave a corner.

5) 2001-02 - against west brom richard edghill raced into the penalty area and - most unusually for him - was in a good scoring position until he was brutally scythed down. this was a clear penalty but the ref gave him a second yellow for 'diving' and off he went.
i was just about to ask who was it who got given offside when he was in his own half cheers for that.

The Reeves disallowed goal was in the first leg at Maine Rd. And in the same match Grey gave a ridiculous free kick to the dippers from which they scored the only goal.

Re: 5 worst refeering decisions against city

mancunial said:
I remember years ago at arsenal the ball got punch off the line I think by oleary everybody on the planet saw it except the numptie in the black, someone will remember the year on here think it was about 77
Did you look at the OP?

lancs blue said:
The Reeves disallowed goal was in the first leg at Maine Rd. And in the same match Grey gave a ridiculous free kick to the dippers from which they scored the only goal.

yes you're right. it was the deja vu bit that threw me ;)

I remember the Edghil one...he was fucking clattered.

The Tiatto one I remember too...Huckerby the dick was stood on the line pretty much. It was a shocker of a decision but I think it was during the time the offside laws were being changed so it was ever so slightly understandable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.