5 worst refereeing decisions against city

FeedTheGoat10 said:
I remember one against Sun when he actually did nothing at all

Yes, this was away at Birmingham, 2008 I think. Sun Jihai was shoulder barged by the opponent, stayed on his feet while the opponent fell over, and the ref (Styles I think) gave a penalty!

We've been shafted by dodgy decisions and incompetent, if not corrupt, officials for years.

I'll never forget George Courtney from Spennymoor, who was absymal and/or biased every time he reffed us. I well recall one game against Liverpool when we were in familiar disarray (Tony Book had stepped in as caretaker manager) and Liverpool were dominant. Even then Courtney felt obliged to give them a helping hand. I'm not even sure sure if it this game, but it gives you a clue as to how bent he was...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTJwKjZtuRY[/youtube]

And then there was Shelia's 90th minute header at St Andrews's to put City 1-0 up against Birmingham in 1997. No problem for Brum; old favourite Andy D'urso added seven minutes of time on and just carried on until they'd banged two in and the game ended at five - unheard of in those days!

jay_mcfc said:
I remember the Edghil one...he was fucking clattered.

The Tiatto one I remember too...Huckerby the dick was stood on the line pretty much. It was a shocker of a decision but I think it was during the time the offside laws were being changed so it was ever so slightly understandable

I remember the Edghill one clear as day..Towards the North stand end and in front of the kippax

If I remember right, he was struggling at the time & just got himself back into the side...

Never got a sniff after this.

apple pie corner said:
jay_mcfc said:
I remember the Edghil one...he was fucking clattered.

The Tiatto one I remember too...Huckerby the dick was stood on the line pretty much. It was a shocker of a decision but I think it was during the time the offside laws were being changed so it was ever so slightly understandable

I remember the Edghill one clear as day..Towards the North stand end and in front of the kippax

If I remember right, he was struggling at the time & just got himself back into the side...

Never got a sniff after this.
There has to have been five worse this season alone

The aggresive walking one was a corker. I remember being at that game, 0-0 at Bournemouth. Didnt we end it with 9 men after another silly (although not quite as comedic) sending off?

laserblue said:
graham1312 said:
do any of you guys remember Derby Co away , it was late 70s/ early 80s when with the score at 1-1 we scored with the last kick of the game only for the ref to dissallow it as he had blown up for full time as the ball was on route to the back of the net , we thought we had won all the way back to the coach park only to be told that it was dissallowed

good one. the derby fans were shitting it when city pulled back to 1-2 near the end and were going all out for the equaliser. the ball went into the crowd for a full two minutes before it was thrown back but despite that and any other stoppages the ref only allowed 30 seconds added time and blew up just as dennis tueart's shot was about to cross the line.

wasnt this clive thomas, he pulled the same trick in a world cup game brazil v sweden.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:45 pm --<br /><br />
BTH said:
We've been shafted by dodgy decisions and incompetent, if not corrupt, officials for years.

I'll never forget George Courtney from Spennymoor, who was absymal and/or biased every time he reffed us. I well recall one game against Liverpool when we were in familiar disarray (Tony Book had stepped in as caretaker manager) and Liverpool were dominant. Even then Courtney felt obliged to give them a helping hand. I'm not even sure sure if it this game, but it gives you a clue as to how bent he was...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTJwKjZtuRY[/youtube]

And then there was Shelia's 90th minute header at St Andrews's to put City 1-0 up against Birmingham in 1997. No problem for Brum; old favourite Andy D'urso added seven minutes of time on and just carried on until they'd banged two in and the game ended at five - unheard of in those days!

i remember courtney from an away day at grimsby of all places, a 1-1 draw, corrupt doesnt come close.

Clattenburg sending Bellamy off at Bolton (second yellow) for diving when he'd been the one fouled.
Clattenburg failing to give a penalty at Chelsea when Silva was clearly fouled,
Jones decision not to give a penalty for Fonte's trip on Aguero, when even Fonte made it clear it was a foul.
Oliver's string of incomprehensible decisions in the derby when he failed to award three penalties.
Can't remember who the ref was who failed to spot Crouch using his hand three times before scoring for Stoke against us.
There was a goal scored against us at Spurs in (I think) Pearce's final game, where there were three separate offences (foul, handball and offside by Assou Ekotto) in the build up.
Dowd's penalty award at Anfield in the LC semi, when the ball clearly bounced on Micah Richards' knee and hit his hand, which was at shoulder height, with Dowd indicating Micah had his hand out above his head.
Clattenburg (again) failing to spot two penalties at Anfield in the 2014 game and failing to send Suarez off for diving.
Poll disallowing a goal from a Richard Dunne free kick at West Brom because he claimed he hadn't blown the whistle when the TV replay clearly showed he was lying.
Poll again when we played Arsenal at the Etihad in the 2005/6 season when Arsenal were 4 points behind Spur with 2 games to play (Spurs had one). That game was bent as fuck until he'd safely delivered an Arsenal win but one decision I clearly remember was a City player being fouled in our half but we had a three-on-one break and were well in the Arsenal half when he blew for the free kick instead of playing advantage. It was then it dawned on me that Poll was bent.

Take your pick from that lot.

Last edited:
Clattenburg sending Bellamy off at Bolton (second yellow) for diving when he'd been the one fouled.

Sure this was the game when Clattenburg was bad mouthing Bellamy to his fellow officials at half time. It was over heard and City complained about it after the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.