50 years a Blue

Congratulations on the 50. Hopefully thanks to Sheikh Mansour the next 50 will not be the roller-coaster that the previous have been.

Today is the 50th anniversary of the first City game I attended as a young boy, 5th March 1966 vs. Leicester City in the FA Cup at Maine Road. My Dad took me and we stood on the old Scoreboard end near the wall at the front,and the game ended in a 2-2 draw,with Neil Young scoring both goals. I have managed to attend 9 Cup Finals(1 being a replay) and 4 FA Cup semi- finals in those 50 years and watch City win the League 3 times. But I have also seen us relegated a few times and also yo-yo up and down the leagues for a few years.
Be interesting to see what the next 50 years brings for this great and historic football club that we Bluemooners support.
Congratulations, newbie. Good to welcome you to the 50 plus gang on here

seen it all alright, I hit 50 years last august. little did we know what we were letting ourselves in for. would we change a thing? would we fuck. some teams have won a lot more than us but whatever happens they will never ever feel what we did when aguero won us the league. yes the timing of the goal and the sheer drama all added to the occasion but it was the journey getting there that made it special, that made our hearts almost burst with relief and excitement. no team will ever ever have that. even our younger fans there that day will never understand simply because of the sheer number of let downs and false daws we experienced. I am abolutley blessed being an old old blue.

well done op. enjoy your memories.

You looked like you were thirty, getting off the Tube with the Wrmbley Win spring in your step!!

My first game was against Leicester too. But 23 years after you!

48 years in for me (and 42 years since my first live City match), and I wouldn't change a thing. Despite the amount of rage expended along the way, some of the greatest moments of my life have come watching City. In terms of the sheer adrenalin rush, Dickov at Wembley was still the pinnacle for me

A swirl of the bat for 50 not out.

I'm on 46 and really appreciate the perspective of the older hands on here.

Did my 50th a few seasons back I'm a 3rd generation blue with a 4th already into 17 seasons and a young grandson who is waiting his first game, would be interesting to know what he will saying come his 50th Well done to all the old blues who have stuck by the club through thin and thinner, we deserve what the Sheikh has brought us. Life long blues that us, whether it's 90 years or only a few

My 1st game is 40years tomorrow. Missed the Mercer years and it was a week after the 76 league cup final.
So it took me 35 years till i saw us win something but i wouldn't change a thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.