52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

The only positive to take from tonight. A really good performance

Didn't managed to catch the game, but this kid looks the part. Can tell why the club chose to keep him around over other EDS youngsters. Looking like another Foden coming through.

Hate to quote Neville, but I think it was him that said our EDS looks like producing a bunch of David Silvas.

As long as he keeps his head down and keep working, I think the lad's set for a bright future with us.

Looked really promising. Calm under pressure most of the time and always looking who's around him

Great performance and more importantly a great experience for him. I thought Newcastle were poor in the first half, but Howe got it spot on in the second half to be fair to him. He told them to up their physicality and get at us and they did, and it rattled us and we didn't really lay a glove on them after their goal even if they didn't create much either. Gives Bobb encouragement he can play at this level, whilst reminding him he still has to get stronger and improve moving forwards. Would be more than happy to see him feature for us regularly, he's got a lovely style.

Just a detail. In the first half, he was right out on the touchline (the near one to the camera), really hemmed in. With a tiny little flick, ever so subtle, he got the ball past the Newcastle player pressing and straight up the touchline to a City player (forget who) who then got an attack going. He had almost no time to think about it. It had to be instant, and super accurate.
That is class. You cannot train it into a youngster. Other things, yes. Not that. As much as Rico, he looks the real deal.
He looks a bit slight, but he thinks so quickly that he rarely give the hatchet men the chance to lay into him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.