52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar is biding his time to shine for us. The kid is interested to learn from the best and knows that this is the best setting for him. And we can see the results now, everytime he is there on the pitch, he makes things happen!

Pre Celtic game he said this:
"I look at the players in my position, Bernardo Silva or Phil Foden, They're consistent every session, every game. I can work and become a lot better. It's about constantly raising my level and becoming more consistent. Playing for this manager has always been a dream. If I have to wait a bit longer to get more playing time I don't mind."

A genuine hope that we have another Phil in the making. Pretty excited about the potential Phil-Oscar midfield in the near future!!

Oscar is biding his time to shine for us. The kid is interested to learn from the best and knows that this is the best setting for him. And we can see the results now, everytime he is there on the pitch, he makes things happen!

Pre Celtic game he said this:
"I look at the players in my position, Bernardo Silva or Phil Foden, They're consistent every session, every game. I can work and become a lot better. It's about constantly raising my level and becoming more consistent. Playing for this manager has always been a dream. If I have to wait a bit longer to get more playing time I don't mind."

A genuine hope that we have another Phil in the making. Pretty excited about the potential Phil-Oscar midfield in the near future!!
That's a great quote from him.

We don't want to be losing this guy, needs involving a lot more.
Why would we be losing him? He's just breaking through, he's citing fodens patience and ultimate pay off and commenting on how much he's learning under Pep. There hasn't been a single word to suggest he is anything but delighted with being a city so why the fear of losing him?

He's currently behind a few other players when everyone is available and has one more to compete with now, upto him to do well when he gets minutes and push himself up the hierarchy. He will get the minutes he warrants and won't be handed any just to keep him happy. Peps managing him superbly as always.

Why would we be losing him? He's just breaking through, he's citing fodens patience and ultimate pay off and commenting on how much he's learning under Pep. There hasn't been a single word to suggest he is anything but delighted with being a city so why the fear of losing him?

He's currently behind a few other players when everyone is available and has one more to compete with now, upto him to do well when he gets minutes and push himself up the hierarchy. He will get the minutes he warrants and won't be handed any just to keep him happy. Peps managing him superbly as always.

He's not really a kid though now, he's 21. We've just seen a Euros where Yamal has been a key player for the best team in the tournament, only turning 17 just before the final.

They are the best national team, we're the best club team. It is harder with us, but there's more matches etc.

He's saying the right things, but there is a point where he won't be willing to wait any longer, for his career, and he does need to be given a chance to show what he can do. Then it's up to him to take that chance, but if he does, he needs to stay in the team not spend weeks getting minutes here and there.

He's got the talent, it'd be a huge failure on our part if he doesn't at least get given the chance, and then turns it on elsewhere.

Great winger and Great Midfielder. Great movement. Decisive. Intelligent. Incredible player.
Potentially yes, but have we seen enough of him to praise him so highly? I don't think we have yet to bestow great praise on him and that's not Oscar's fault. He needs a run of games to get up to speed and gain confidence but at what players expense? He'll have to wait and bide his time on the bench. But when he does get a chance from the bench he needs to change the game like like he did at Newcastle away last season.

Potentially yes, but have we seen enough of him to praise him so highly? I don't think we have yet to bestow great praise on him and that's not Oscar's fault. He needs a run of games to get up to speed and gain confidence but at what players expense? He'll have to wait and bide his time on the bench.
With the limited game time he has had, he has managed to outperform certain players that have been getting a lot more playing time than him. We can obviously see Oscar's talent and technical abilities, decision making and prowess. As you mentioned, the Newcastle game, a sublime pass from KdB to the left side of the pitch, which Oscar makes the run, beats the defender and keeper in a very tight space, in the last dying pressure filled moment of the match. If it was a different player on that side, I doubt that player would have made that run, let alone beat the defender in that tight space.

The fact that he barely plays, makes it even more clear that he is talented, when he can win or influence a game coming off from the bench with not much previous game time!

Like I had previously praised Palmer, I am giving Oscar his flowers and praise, his our talented player and we need to keep at all cost. We have certain players, that we bought with huge sums of money and are paid large amounts in wages week in and week out, that are yet to justify their cost and worth. Seeing Oscar do what he does, I can not sit by and pretend like he isn't impressing me.

But when he does get a chance from the bench he needs to change the game like like he did at Newcastle away last season.
"he needs to change the game" ? So the weight and pressure has to fall on an academy kid that barely sniffs or plays. Whilst I know for a fact that the are senior players that are not expected to "change the game" when they are on. I hope that kind of expectation is also being expected on the players that were bought with large sums and are on huge wages. No more excuses. Matter of fact, I am expecting those who were trusted, bought and paid large sums to be game changers than an academic player that barely plays. Anyway, I am glad about what he has done thus far. Pep will do and manage him the best way he knows how!

Last edited:

What a strange reply, all of that because I said we don't want to lose him.

That's a statement I made because I don't want us to lose him, I didn't want us to lose Palmer either but yeah that went well.

Somebody more eloquent than me replied giving a very good explanation in reply to your post, I couldn't better it so I won't try.

With the limited game time he has had, he has managed to outperform certain players that have been getting a lot more playing time than him. We can obviously see Oscar's talent and technical abilities, decision making and prowess. As you mentioned, the Newcastle game, a sublime pass from KdB to the left side of the pitch, which Oscar makes the run, beats the defender and keeper in a very tight space, in the last dying pressure filled moment of the match. If it was a different player on that side, I doubt that player would have made that run, let alone beat the defender in that tight space.

The fact that he barely plays, makes it even more clear that he is talented, when he can win or influence a game coming off from the bench and with rust!

Like I had previously praised Palmer, I am giving Oscar his flowers and praise, his our talented player and we need to keep at all cost. We have certain players, that we bought with huge sums of money and are paid large amounts in wages week and week out, that are yet to justify their cost and worth. Seeing Oscar do what he does, I can not sit by and pretend like he isn't impressing me.

I hope that kind of expectations is also being expected on the players that were bought with large sums and are on huge wages. No more excuses. Matter of fact, I am expecting those who were trusted, bought and paid large sums to be game changers than an academic player that barely plays. Anyway, I am glad about what he has done thus far. Pep will do and manage him the best way he knows how!
He's very talented and just needs more game time. His best chance of nailing down a place is on right wing I think because I think we'll see Bernado more central next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.