5th Round Draw/Leeds at home (all in here)

If I was the boss of ESPN I would want to know why we are not showing the united game.

If I was the boss of sky I would want to know why we are not showing the united game likewise itv.

All three channels make money by selling advertisement space, only a complete Buffon working for these companies would turn the united game down.

Obviously said with Blue tinted glasses taken off.

allan harper said:
If I was the boss of ESPN I would want to know why we are not showing the united game.

If I was the boss of sky I would want to know why we are not showing the united game likewise itv.

All three channels make money by selling advertisement space, only a complete Buffon working for these companies would turn the united game down.

I think that's all fair enough from the TV companies perspective, and maybe it's asking too much of the FA to ensure that all clubs are treated equally when negotiating contracts with TV companies, surely the FA should want the most interesting, intriguing matches shown so people can see what the cup is all about.

Rags reserves v Reading reserves is probably the least interesting tie of the round.

sjk2008 said:
BUDTHEWISER said:
allan harper said:
I'm not say it is but Monday night was the only TV spot left?
This maybe correct but by his reckoning teams can't play on Wed then on a Sat is not true

OK, I worded it incorrectly.

It's been known that teams can play Wed & Sat but for TV purposes Monday evening may have been the best/only spot available since they couldn't play on the sunday as it's City v Leeds. Whether the fact there's a few thousand scousers travelling into Manchester on the Saturday also for the Oldham game might have played a part in it not being on the Saturday.
Ok cheers makes sense seeing it like that

Fair enough.............

Much of the South Stand will be unavailable for this fixture, due to the extended visitor’s allocation.

For supporter’s whose seasonal seat is located in an affected area of the South Stand; we will endeavour to provide you with the same seat for our upcoming fixture against Leeds United as that of our previous FA Cup home fixture against Watford.

allan harper said:

<glasses off> totally agree <glasses back on>

...... it also perpetuates the unfairness of FFP ..... not only do ESPN/SKY get advertising ..... it also increases the value of rag shirt sponsorship deals, advertising hoardings, tracksuit sponsorship and hair replacement products.

The FA cup should sell itself ...... for instance I really enjoyed the Oldham v Liverpool game but switched the rag v Fulham match off after the first goal as the result was a foregone conclusion...... as is the rag v Reading game.

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
allan harper said:

...... it also perpetuates the unfairness of FFP ..... not only do ESPN/SKY get advertising ..... it also increases the value of rag shirt sponsorship deals, advertising hoardings, tracksuit sponsorship and hair replacement products.

The FA cup should sell itself and Boro v Chelsea would be a more interesting game to every other clubs supporter ...... for instance I really enjoyed the Oldham v Liverpool game but switched the rag v Fulham match off after the first goal as the result was a foregone conclusion...... as is the rag v Reading game.

Glasses on, I agree!!

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
allan harper said:

The FA cup should sell itself ...... for instance I really enjoyed the Oldham v Liverpool game but switched the rag v Fulham match off after the first goal as the result was a foregone conclusion...... as is the rag v Reading game.

<Note to self> its unfair to make Chelsea play two FA cup games in two days :P

Only a tenner for my ticket, delighted!

Should sell out easily enough with these prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.