#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing , if we knew John Stones was going to knuckle down and take his game seriously again we wouldnt have spent £40m on Ake , and put that fee towards a much needed world class striker , but if you had asked me in September if Stones should be sold i would have said snatch the buyers hands off.
And you would hardly have been alone. It was a perfectly logical and reasonable decision at the time.

Some want it all ways. It’s like someone bemoaning “wasted“ money on last year’s car insurance because they weren’t involved in a pile-up.

He's the best defender we have at defending crosses and corners .
It's too soon to say that. Everton will be a big test to evaluate this(if he plays). Everton are threatening with set pieces. I see them scoring only from set pieces.

It's too soon to say that. Everton will be a big test to evaluate this(if he plays). Everton are threatening with set pieces. I see them scoring only from set pieces.
Gone are the days of a midget defence.
Ake is a beast when it comes to an ariel threat and as are all our central defenders.
Main thing is to score a few goals. :)

We're normally very good at not conceding goals from corners /free kicks.

Ake, Stones, Dias, Laporte and Rodri is a huge presence, the problem is we don't utilise them well attacking

Ake, Stones, Dias, Laporte and Rodri is a huge presence, the problem is we don't utilise them well attacking
They can improve obviously but what I liked about yesterday is ake ,stones, dias and rodri helped us neutralise the opposition's attack and allowed gundo and cancelo to contribute going forward. We created a lot of chances. Had we been clinical we would have scored 4/5 goals.

Gone are the days of a midget defence.
Ake is a beast when it comes to an ariel threat and as are all our central defenders.
Main thing is to score a few goals. :)
I think he didn't do very well against West Brom with the goal we conceded from that free kick. Yes it was a unfortunate deflection from dias but Ake was bullied by the striker. It could be because he was back in the team after a long time because of injury, needed some time to settle. He was good Against new castle. We need to see some consistent run of games from him to form an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.