#6 | Nathan Aké - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does not have mine on City like Pep mentioned on the players? Will he be sold in the summer? Have been on the bench for many games and he needs game time at his age or he need to find another club. No journalists have ask Pep any question about Ake?
It was absolutely a good bit of business even in hindsight, maybe a little more than we should have paid but not by too much. No one could have foreseen Stones resurgence in form and his ability to stay fit(knock on wood). Though as I said in the Laporte thread, even on Ake's absolute best day, is he better than Stones/Laporte/Dias to play at CB? I'd say no, and rotating 4 CB's is just too much to get into any type of rhythm IMO. He could play at LB but he's not great attacking from what little I've seem, certainly not better than Zinchenko/Cancelo, or even Mendy but might give more defensively.

Ultimately- I think he'll be sold in the summer. I remember in his City interview him saying how he doesn't drink/party because he doesn't want any regrets, etc. He certainly won't be wanting to sit on the bench. Hopefully we can get a decent fee but we will almost certainly lose money on him IF it comes to that.

It was absolutely a good bit of business even in hindsight, maybe a little more than we should have paid but not by too much. No one could have foreseen Stones resurgence in form and his ability to stay fit(knock on wood). Though as I said in the Laporte thread, even on Ake's absolute best day, is he better than Stones/Laporte/Dias to play at CB? I'd say no, and rotating 4 CB's is just too much to get into any type of rhythm IMO. He could play at LB but he's not great attacking from what little I've seem, certainly not better than Zinchenko/Cancelo, or even Mendy but might give more defensively.

Ultimately- I think he'll be sold in the summer. I remember in his City interview him saying how he doesn't drink/party because he doesn't want any regrets, etc. He certainly won't be wanting to sit on the bench. Hopefully we can get a decent fee but we will almost certainly lose money on him IF it comes to that.
I guess he will get some minutes in the league if we manage to secure the title with a few games to go and still are in the mix for the FA Cup and Chumps League.
Up to him to grab his chance when it happens - I'm not writing him off yet.

Spent most of the season injured or covid, subsequently hasn't played, primarily because of those reasons and people think we will sell him in the summer. Just as likely to sell Dias.

We will not have 3 other fit and in form CB's all of next season and healthy fullbacks, providing he keeps himself fit and he's had that time on the training ground to learn from Pep he will get his opportunities and he will show what a shrewd piece of business bringing him in was.

Last edited:
Think he stays, especially on the left of a 3 man back line, with Cancelo playing RB/RDM.

He is exactly what Pep needs in the squad. Versatile, ball playing left sided utility player. Only trouble is, that is exactly what Zinchenko does for us, even though their real strengths are CB & Midfield, respectively.

He is a good (enough) quality squad player who COULD be essential if we lose a defender or two. And, I assume he was on shit wages at B’mouth and even an improvement at City would be cheap by our standards.

Bang average, obviously premier league standard, not good enough for our plans.

I thought that when we signed him and nothing has convinced me otherwise.Others on this forum think he's something special,that baffles me.
I don't remember anyone thinking signing a CB from a relegated side was going to be special. Can play different positions, experienced and previously had been quite consistent both in form and fitness. Easy to see why we were interested. Nobody was to know that Stones would come back the way he has and Dias would be as good as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.