6 | Nathan Ake - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he is back in training (and I'm dubious given the injury and the "recentness" (made up word alert!) of it, I can't see him taking any part tomorrow night. Not even on the bench. If he actually is doing light training, Pep might want to keep him for the Bernabeu game?
You can't imagine for any injury you would be rushed back, but a hamstring injury you're just asking for trouble.

You can't imagine for any injury you would be rushed back, but a hamstring injury you're just asking for trouble.
Agreed. He's been brilliant for us this season, easily one of the contenders for player of the season, in my opinion. But it isn't worth risking him now, and have him pull up after 20 minutes, and have his season over.

Who would have thought that, with the title potentially on the line against Arsenal in late April and an otherwise full strength squad, ANYONE would be worried that NATHAN AKE wouldn’t be available for the game?

Tells you everything you need to know about the season he has had.

Last edited:
Who would have thought that, with the title potentially on the line against Arsenal in late April and an otherwise full strength squad, ANYONE would be worried that NATHAN AKE wouldn’t be available for the game?

Tells you everything you need to know about the season he has had.
Alongside Haaland, player of the season. Thank god we didn't sell him in the Summer.

I have faith for the squad to win against Arsenal even if Ake is still injured and not able to play tomorrow.

We'd be in a bit of a pickle if our season relied on one player.......pace will obviously be their weapon of choice,so we have to have an answer,but we'll be fine.

It’s probably not gonna happen but if Ake was available to play. Wouldn’t it be better not to show him in any training pictures or talk about him in the presser to keep Arsenal thinking that he is out and so they prepare for Laporte instead of Ake. Probably clutching at straws in all honestly , but quite a smart plan.

It’s probably not gonna happen but if Ake was available to play. Wouldn’t it be better not to show him in any training pictures or talk about him in the presser to keep Arsenal thinking that he is out and so they prepare for Laporte instead of Ake. Probably clutching at straws in all honestly , but quite a smart plan.
Not really, we would play the same way with either, and so would Arsenal.

This is like the Liverpool match and the Haaland situation all over again. Regardless of Nathan's availability, I hope the outcome will be the same :).

The picture gallery on the official site of today's training is really odd. Not a single wide-angle shot to show who's in training. Or who's not! Just individual shots. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.