6 | Nathan Ake - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have anticipated the ball into the box more, but Kulesevski had the run on him so there wasn't a lot more he could do. That goal came from Walker fucking trotting out and making no real effort to stop the cross coming in. Bernie was there backing Walker up so he should have sprinted out to make sure Johnson's only option was to go backwards. Piss poor. All the goals we are conceding are piss poor to be honest. Their second - Alvarez trying a little flick over to Haaland and then one header just wipes out our whole midfield and Dias was like a fucking bus trying to get anywhere near Lo Celso to block the shot. The first - a joke. Gil does very well on the edge of their box, but Doku has to deal with Son. And Ederson has to save that shot.
Agreed. Plus Foden was like a fairy on the edge of their box in the first place

. On the other hand, Alvarez was surrounded by defenders with no real options,
No

Alvarez had Bernado and Walker both free to pass to and it would be very easy. He could also pass to the gap in front of Walker to let him run. Alvarez wanted to do a Hollywood pass and he failed. No excuses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-164908.png
    Screenshot_20231204-164908.png
    628.9 KB · Views: 16
has he been sent to the gulag? why is he on the bench every game all of a sudden

Why is he not playing? Please discuss.

In my opinion he’s a great player, shocked he hasn’t been starting considering the depletion we have in the squad right now.

Why is he not playing? Please discuss.

In my opinion he’s a great player, shocked he hasn’t been starting considering the depletion we have in the squad right now.
Who knows, maybe carrying an injury, a small cameo against Spurs in which he defended like a pub player, maybe Pep was unhappy about that.

With Grealish and Doku out, I would love to have seen Bob given a start, fresh legs, energy is something we are lacking and he could not have done worse than the players on that pitch last night.

Who knows, maybe carrying an injury, a small cameo against Spurs in which he defended like a pub player, maybe Pep was unhappy about that.

With Grealish and Doku out, I would love to have seen Bob given a start, fresh legs, energy is something we are lacking and he could not have done worse than the players on that pitch last night.
The link between midfield and forwards was non existent last night so I think Bobb would have been as invisible as Foden and Bernado were.

The Stones/Lewis experiment followed by Akanji going in there was a disaster.

Ake mustn’t be fully fit although he has had some ropey moments in games too. Wolves being one of them.

We seem to struggle against direct and pacey sides.

The link between midfield and forwards was non existent last night so I think Bobb would have been as invisible as Foden and Bernado were.

The Stones/Lewis experiment followed by Akanji going in there was a disaster.

Ake mustn’t be fully fit although he has had some ropey moments in games too. Wolves being one of them.

We seem to struggle against direct and pacey sides.
The game is starting to change again for me, pacey, young players are becoming the norm and a lot of our players lack pace and it shows.

Midfield is very slow, we need pace , energy and legs in there and a few goals to go with that.

Last edited:
The game is starting to change again for me, pacey, young players are not becoming the norm and a lot of our players lack pace and it shows.

Midfield is very slow, we need pace , energy and legs in there and a few goals to go with that.
I'd say the exact opposite. They are becoming the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.