6 | Nathan Ake - 2023/24

Got to admit, didn’t like him when he joined - felt he was a level below what we needed but fuck me was I wrong.

Fantastic player, everything you need in a defender and brilliant mentality.

Best defender at the club. Where are those people that wantes rid and were claiming we wouldn't get half his transfer fee back for him?
I remember 2-3 years ago when people always slagged off Ake saying he wasn't good enough for the club. Funny how the times have changed. Always thought it was undeserved and what a signing he's turned out to be.

Or a couple years ago when he was linked with a transfer to Chelsea. Thankfully our board isn't run by overreactive fans!

Very, very relible, a consummate professional and arguably our most complete all-round defender. I never worry that he's having a bad day.

When he first signed I think people's perceptions of him where correct, he was nervous in possession and was definitely trying to hard. Every little mistake, missed placed pass felt like he was conceding a chance. Now instead of backing away from the challenge of playing for City ( bit like what Phillips has done ) he knuckled down, listened to Pep and made himself a better player on the training ground. Gradually he started to settle and believe more in himself, not only playing well but also contributing to victories with important goals and man of the match performances. This season we've seen a player who is at the top of his game and brings a level that's making him possibly our best defender.

Another in a long line of excellent performances by Ake. He has been by some distance our best and most consistent defender since recovering from those early injuries, no surprise really as he was consistently outstanding at Bournemouth and an absolute bargain at what we paid for him (£40M?). What he lacks in pace he makes up for in positional sense, ability to read the game and decision making. Reminds me a lot of Vinny

When he first signed I think people's perceptions of him where correct, he was nervous in possession and was definitely trying to hard. Every little mistake, missed placed pass felt like he was conceding a chance. Now instead of backing away from the challenge of playing for City ( bit like what Phillips has done ) he knuckled down, listened to Pep and made himself a better player on the training ground. Gradually he started to settle and believe more in himself, not only playing well but also contributing to victories with important goals and man of the match performances. This season we've seen a player who is at the top of his game and brings a level that's making him possibly our best defender.
That is some insight

I remember 2-3 years ago when people always slagged off Ake saying he wasn't good enough for the club. Funny how the times have changed. Always thought it was undeserved and what a signing he's turned out to be.

Or a couple years ago when he was linked with a transfer to Chelsea. Thankfully our board isn't run by overreactive fans!
That's some City fans for you. Remember the "Plodri" nonsense?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.